The Older Crowd

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mackenzie

#16 Post by mackenzie »

I'm 16 and I feel old at my otho. I've only seen one person with braces on older than me, and she was in her mid 20's. The office is full of little kid toys, SPAMS, and has the cartoon Rugrats painted on the walls. :? What can you do?

butterfly

#17 Post by butterfly »

My ortho shares the same office building with a dental surgeon. When I had my first adjustment I was running a bit early and had to wait outside and wait for them to open. They were other patients waiting: Two obvious school girls and a lady in her fifties. I was 100% sure the lady was waiting for the surgeon until she sported a ceramics smile... There ARE definitely adult patients! A friend of my husbands granny did it at age 65. It's never to late to feel better about yourself!
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

Huon

#18 Post by Huon »

I was 70 when I got my braces and they came off 15 months later, which was 9 months ago. I have a normal -feeling bite for the first time since my adult teeth came down, despite ortho treatment when I was about 14 and about which, the less said the better. I didn't encounter any other adults in my ortho's rooms, although he tells me that he has a number of adult patients.
Yes, my family told me that I was mad but I know how dissatisfied I was with my crowded teeth and uncomfortable bite. When I look at old photos, I see how much I kept my teeth hidden. Now, I grin at everyone.
Huon.

missing_tooth

#19 Post by missing_tooth »

Live is for living ... enjoy it!
I second that!!

- Missing Tooth -