Silly little question...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Anticipator

#16 Post by Anticipator »

There's only one day of the week I can go without having to deal with requesting a day off work, and of that day there's only a half hour gap that's early enough for me.

Tuesdays at 7:30 is the appointment I choose, I let the receptionist and ortho determine how many weeks that will entail waiting.
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months

momof2grlz

#17 Post by momof2grlz »

My ortho never gives me a spread. He always says "8 weeks", "6 weeks", etc. They usually schedule me exactly 8 weeks from the day that I'm there. I'd rather have appointments more often if it would help speed things along, but I've been told that slow and steady is more effective for adults - not so much chance of root damage. So, it's turtle speed for me!

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

mtbrncofn

#18 Post by mtbrncofn »

Way Too Old For This wrote: I have thought about changing that because I have been very sore on some weekends, but then again I have lost 25 pounds since September.....so I'll just keep it this way I guess.
Congrats on this WTOFT! I'm insanely jealous, mind you, but hooray for you!
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

Geri

#19 Post by Geri »

I have appointments scheduled by the woman who takes my check each month. She always makes them for just under 4 weeks apart, which is fine - the sooner the better.
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

blaat

#20 Post by blaat »

Most of the time i couldn't get appts on a 4 / 6 weeks notice. So what i did is call on the day when it was exactly 4 weeks ago since my last adjustment and ask if they have anything available. 9/10 times it really worked and it did paid off... Of course i thanked the receptionist with a nice bottle of wine for all her hard work trying to squeeze me into the schedule. :)
Uppers: Permanent retainer + hawley (night)
Lowers: Permanent retainer

Debanded since the 16th of Jan.

hannah164

#21 Post by hannah164 »

My ortho never gives me a real choice, its just come back in 3 weeks and I try to work it in the closes to the time he wants within my crazy schedule. :shock: I'm not exactly sure how that's gonna work with my now having rehearsal every day! :?

I would try to to make it closer to 4 weeks but within my schedule!

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment was 1/11/06 but now is rescheduled to 1/21/06