Getting Spacers Tomorrow!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tunkabean

#16 Post by Tunkabean »

after 1 week of the rubberband spacers..... todays adjustment supposed to have been the putting in of the metal spacer...but all were too big :( My space just wasn't 'spaced' enough.

proflutist

#17 Post by proflutist »

Oh my gosh, I have my spacers in, get them out tomorrow, :jump: (time has flown by!!) to get in my braces at 8:30 AM!!!! I can't believe that after one week of having spacers, I couldnt feel a thing. I keep thinking things like, "this is the last time I will ever read this with my teeth like this again", or "this is the last time I will ever see this teacher with my teeth like this again". I am very excited, I am finally going from
:) :arrow: :-#) !!!
this to this

Leslie022

#18 Post by Leslie022 »

I hope all goes well with your bracing tomorrow!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

sleater

#19 Post by sleater »

I had my spacers put in on Monday and they are still killing me! Thankfully I still have Tylenol 3 from my extractions, because I have tried Advil and it's just not working for me. I get my braces on Saturday and I am excited, but I'm a little weary because of the pain. If the spacers are giving me this much pain I can't imagine how the braces are going to feel.

Scalawaggirl

#20 Post by Scalawaggirl »

Yep, 8 metal spacers for me and they hurt like heck for the first 5 days; much Advil was needed and mushed up foods - YUM.

Today, I haven't taken any Advil and actually was able to eat some overcooked noodles w/soup. I felt like I was living high on the hog!

Braces go on Thursday at 10:00. I'm looking forward to moving the process along so will be happy to be rid of these little metal floss-resistent demons.

EdgeofFreedom

#21 Post by EdgeofFreedom »

I got my spacers in yesterday. They don't hurt really, they are just annoying. I feel some pressure in my mouth like some teeth are pulling against each other. I only have spacers on the top, little round plastic thingies. Everyone says they are supposed to hurt but it's okay so far. I've been eating pretty normally too, just being careful not to get food stuck undeneath one of the bands which is sticking out of the tooth a little bit. Reading you guys I suppose pain can still come! I'm geting them removed tomorrow for additional molds to be done and then they will be put back in.

The are funky annoying little buggers...
Smiling is in!
---------------
Tine

nimo

#22 Post by nimo »

My spacers hurt for the first five days or so. Yesterday (a week with them in) was the first day I dared to not take an ibuprofen, and they didn't hurt all day. They hurt when I eat, but nothing unbearable. Well, not unbearable anymore. I still can't really chew. Oatmeal is my best friend.
One of my spacers has a tear in it, so I'm wondering if it's going to last until Friday when I get braces on. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm not looking forward to this whole thing anymore. i'm just hoping the end results will be good.
Braced on 17 Feb. 2006.
Five teeth extracted on March 9, 2006.
Canine exposure: February 7, 2007
lefort 3 March 7, 2008
TPA April 22, 2008
2 years 7 months in braces
braces off September 17, 2008