Nervous

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nimo

#16 Post by nimo »

I'm 25 and getting braces tomorrow. I'm definitely nervous. Honestly, I don't even know why. My husband loves me. My friends aren't going to care. Insurance covers everything. I spend most of my day at work not talking to anyone, or even facing anyone. But I'm still freaking out.
But I'm not the only or oldest person to go through with this. And it'll get better. I hope.
Braced on 17 Feb. 2006.
Five teeth extracted on March 9, 2006.
Canine exposure: February 7, 2007
lefort 3 March 7, 2008
TPA April 22, 2008
2 years 7 months in braces
braces off September 17, 2008

Leslie022

#17 Post by Leslie022 »

Don't worry. I will be 21 in a few months and I too am in college. Most people don't seem to care. They either don't mention it or the commend me for doing it. I wish I could have had this taken care of when I was younger as well but thats all in the past. Don't worry too much. In a few years you'll be glad you did it now.
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Buffy

#18 Post by Buffy »

Well, I've spoken to him about my fears, and feel better about it now. Apparently, previous girlfriends of his have had braces. It never affected things with them, and he thinks they're kinda cute. Go figure. All those nerves and it wasn't even worth getting upset over.

Got an extraction in a few days (not for braces, but because my teeth are too big for my tiny mouth, and my wisdom teeth are cutting my mouth). Gonna talk to the dentist then, get her to refer me to an ortho, and get the whole lot rolling.

I just want my smile to be perfect, so I can be happy about it.