How much does Damon braces cost?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bren123

#16 Post by bren123 »

Well, I'm living in Vancouver, where it is very near to Northern Washington State (Seattle). Can anyone tell me how much does it cost to install braces in Northern Washington State or Seattle.

Cause my dad is working in England, so it really depends on the currency and price. If Washington State is much cheaper, then 1hour drive every two months isn't too bad!

Dark_angel

#17 Post by Dark_angel »

GO with your dad to england and register with a dentist there. They will refrer you to on ortho and as your 15 your treatment will be FREE!!! The only downside is that only metal brackets are avalible. So thats my advice, come over to the UK if its possible.

karamon

#18 Post by karamon »

Well I have Damons [except for Opals on smile teeth which are also self ligating] and must say they are very comfortable. I haven't had any pain at all. My first time with braces over 20 years ago was with ceramics and spacers and bands around molars and that was HELL! This is a breeze. That's the good news, the bad news is living here in the NYC metropolitan area mine cost $7200!!!!!! But they MUST be cheaper where you are. I highly recommend them!

Good luck with your decision and wear your retainer!

Karin D

Braced 2/23 Opals top 6 / Damon 3s rest.

jennielee81

#19 Post by jennielee81 »

My damons cost me $4,800 US.

I paid an additional $200 for Opals on my top, front 6.

Damons are great for widening the arch. Click my link below to see how much rounder mine is now...after just 10 months with no additional appliances!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Leslie022

#20 Post by Leslie022 »

For me, Damon 3's were only $360 more than the traditional metal braces.
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

dena

#21 Post by dena »

Bren: when I priced orthodontia, damons were significantly more expensive...almost $2000 more than what I have now. (I can't believe damon's were only $360 more than regulars Leslie! Wow!!) For that reason, I chose not to go with damons.

However, definitely check out orthodontists in various areas. I agree you shouldn't travel hours to your orthodontist. But, my ortho is a 30 minute drive from my home...that distance alone is what saved me the $2000. Also, my ortho has very different policies than others I saw--that is he doesn't charge me for things others said they'd charge me hundreds of dollars for. So, definitely try to get lots of opinions...that can make a big difference and give you a better idea what you will be looking at. Good luck!

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

Destor

#22 Post by Destor »

If you absolutely must see an ortho that's a long distance away, then Damon3s are the way to go, because of the extra time between adjustments (2months.) Mine were about $5800CDN, which is quite a bit more than the traditional metal braces, my face was something like :shock: when hearing that price
Braced November 29, 2005. Damon 3's on top and bottom

bracesmom

#23 Post by bracesmom »

Wow UK does braces on minors for free?!--well, I imagine it's not completely free if you are paying taxes for them :wink: .

I had no idea what the damon3 braces are. They look fancy. I wonder why I wasn't offered them :? . Could it be because I had a LOT of pulling going on between a palate exander and braces? They would only do metal braces on me for that reason.

jaswi

#24 Post by jaswi »

Wow Jennielee, you're teeth were alot like mine are, and I want to avoid expanders and extractions if possible, will definatly havet o ask about damons.

ingyandbert

#25 Post by ingyandbert »

I got an estimate on braces about 3 years before I got my Damons but wasn't ready at that time to begin orthodontia. My Damons turned out to be $1,000 cheaper by the time I was ready to start treatment. I paid about $4,200 US.

Leslie022

#26 Post by Leslie022 »

dena wrote:(I can't believe damon's were only $360 more than regulars Leslie! Wow!!) For that reason, I chose not to go with damons.
I couldn't believe it either. I actually had to ask if that was per tooth or overall! I figured, If I'm spending $4200, why not spend $360 more for newer technology!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

dena

#27 Post by dena »

dena wrote:
when I priced orthodontia, damons were significantly more expensive...almost $2000 more than what I have now.

Wow! I hope that is not contemporary quotes from the same ortho? That does seem rather a HUGE difference! When I was first quoted my treatment fee for the surgical approach, they worked in extra fees for changing out my ceramics for metals - when my surgeon's office said that would not be necessary, that saved me $500.
I paid almost $4000 for the braces I have now--a good deal since I have a complicated-enough case, clear tops for free, and a guarantee on that price regardless of what he has to do and however long it takes. I had to pay for extractions, which extended my treatment because of closing the gaps, but that extra time didn't cost anything.

The ortho that offered the damons quoted a price of something like $5500 for my case. And, he said if I had to have extractions, which he said was a 50/50 possibility even with the damons, that would cost an additional $700 with him because of the extended time in braces. :shock: So, when I was looking at a possible $6200 or $4000, I just couldn't justify the damons. I mean, in my case. But I was also very happy with the less expensive orthodontist, so it's not like I had to make any major compromises or anything. I just make an hour round-trip drive once a month. (I am in grad school in the midle of nowhere, so this actually gives me an excuse to drive somewhree, which was a benefit for me!)

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

mm92280

#28 Post by mm92280 »

I have Damon 2's on and the cost for me is a little over $4300 for 18 months of treatment.

August1

#29 Post by August1 »

just to throw my 2 cents in, my ortho estimated my 12-14month treatment with Damon3 uppers and Damon2 lowers at just a hair under $5000 USD. But as usual, your mileage may vary