Wax On Wax Off

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CelestialVoices

#16 Post by CelestialVoices »

I don't know about calluses exactly, but I do feel some thicker spots on the inside of my cheeks.

CLAmom

#17 Post by CLAmom »

I thought I would never be able to stop using wax. I was so irritated by the scratching of the molar bands on my tongue. I have posted on here several times to complain!!!! :lol: I never in a million years thought I could get used to that scratchiness but it seems I have. My braces have been on for about 1 1/2 weeks and I stopped feeling the need to use wax 4 days ago. Amazing. What people tell you here about your mouth getting tougher---it's all true. But it is dependent upon the person and the amount of hardware you have in your mouth. Keep using it if it helps but just know that it will get better. I never would have believed it just a few short days ago but low and behold it is. Hang in there. :HugeGrin:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

wearetheborg

#18 Post by wearetheborg »

Flora2006 wrote: I don't have calluses but I have TONS of irritation and scratches and cuts. My ortho was surprised at my first adjustment :? that I never came to see him to have him cut the wire...and I'm scared of what he'll tell me tomorrow because I now have even more irritation. I really am going to start rinsing with salt water again. :?
You gotta allow the skin to heal, if the rate of irritation is greater than regeneration rate, calluses wont build up.
For two weeks I had wax over the entire thing, all brackets, all molar bands. And I was doing salt rinses 4 times a day. I took off wax only when eating and brushing. 8)

Leslie022

#19 Post by Leslie022 »

I only used wax the first couple days. I would only use it at night, too.
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

candygrrrl

#20 Post by candygrrrl »

Okay, so this is weird. Yesterday, I had my wax off for the latter half of the day. Didn't do much talking, so the braces weren't really bugging. After cleaning my teeth for the evening, though, I put wax back on. And couldn't stand it. It literally made me feel claustrophobic! So I too it off and so far, so good!

What a bizarre process!