LAST MEAL- getting braced Thursday- what would you eat

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MrsDantel

#16 Post by MrsDantel »

HA! what wouldn't I have eaten ... lets see..... Wings... a Italitan Sub, A Big Cheeseburger with the works...Soft Caramel Chews... Salad.... Celery with peanut butter.... Raw Carrots...... ( anything in a raw vegie tray LOL) A candy Bar... Dortitos.....

Of course I would have spaced these out over a few meals LOL

After all this time I dont even remember what my last meal was before getting braced! I do know I was on a chicken broth and mashed potatoe diet for weeks!

I remember being brave and trying to eat a cheez it cracker... oh the horror.. but I wanted them SO bad that I would let it get soft and swallow without chewing... I DO NOT recomend swallowing without chewing.. really gives ya a tummy ache!
27 and Braced!!
Upper Ceramics - March 24, 2005
Lower Metals - May 10, 2005
One day, My teeth will be beautiful!

lionfish

#17 Post by lionfish »

jcdamon3 wrote:
I'd go for pork crackling, spare ribs, crab/lobster claws (yes, I have used my back teeth to crack them).
Uhh... You might want to stop doing that even after you get your braces off! :)
Being without it for a period of time, I'll probably get used to not doing it again. But I can't give up chocolate, no never.

jcdamon3

#18 Post by jcdamon3 »

Oh No lionfish! Don't ever give up chocolate! I eat the dark chocolate every single day.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

celiviel

#19 Post by celiviel »

I remember being brave and trying to eat a cheez it cracker... oh the horror...
Oh man, I did something similar. I got braced a few days before Xmas and I remember trying to eat a Xmas cookie with some caramel on top...ow ow ow ow. Could not chew the thing at all! I think having braces on over the holidays probably saved me from gaining my usual holiday pounds.

MrsDantel

#20 Post by MrsDantel »

celiviel
Ha! Yep.. There were pleantly of things I tried to eat before I actually could. It was sooooo annoying.. and then I got so upset because litterally almost everything I had to chew I ended up having to spit out because I just could not chew a thing!

Im SO glad that goes away after time... I did lose weight that way though LOL Now I have to watch what I eat so I can stay trim for the wedding. ugh.. does it ever end? LOL
27 and Braced!!
Upper Ceramics - March 24, 2005
Lower Metals - May 10, 2005
One day, My teeth will be beautiful!

ingyandbert

#21 Post by ingyandbert »

Maybe I'm the exception here, but by about 2 weeks after getting braces I was back to eating pretty much everything (except gum and caramels or Bit O Honeys, that sort of thing). I eat pizza all the time, big ole sandwiches on hard-crust bread, whatever. Chewing takes a little longer because I can usually only chew with one side of my mouth (the teeth on the other side often refuse to touch) and I have to bite into certain things carefully, but I haven't let it stop me from eating normal foods.

michael33

#22 Post by michael33 »

I would eat an entire can of cashews. Then the biggest box of fresh, warm theatre popcorn. I love those, its been 1 year.

momof2grlz

#23 Post by momof2grlz »

Cheese fondue with raw vegetables appetizer, ribs, corn on the cob, and a big fat caramel apple for dessert. Oh, and after dinner I'd go to a movie (any move, it wouldn't matter) and get the huge buttered popcorn.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

Way Too Old For This

#24 Post by Way Too Old For This »

I still eat popcorn...I just don't eat the 'old maids'.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

MATEO'S

#25 Post by MATEO'S »

hello,
i just got braces recently, and i would have to say eat anything you can because the first week or two is really hard and you have to eat soft foods, i mean it was hard for me to eat noodles. ok i have ceramic on top and ceramic and metal on the bottom. i choose smoke color ligs they hardly noticable, and they don't stain :D -silver is also good i heard. hopes this helps and good luck..mateo's

drazda

#26 Post by drazda »

After I was a month into braces, I was eating anything I wanted. This is including, nuts, popcorn, pizza... anything.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!