BRACES CAPITAL OF THE WORLD

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jesslzz 01

#16 Post by Jesslzz 01 »

Hi!

Well, I'm from Argentina, and I can tell that having braces as an adult is not yet "a fashion trend" over here, but is getting more and more popular nowadays.

As you said, akabraces:
in central and south america, they are actually using real braces...
they never really had access to orthodontic care and now that they do, everyone wants it which why there are so many adults with braces--b/c nobody had them as children...
That is exactly what is going on now. Most of the orthodontists are pretty young because this discipline is kind of new over here. So most people is getting the chance to wear braces these days. Besides that, the payment plans are now better than before, but it is still quite expensive. So sometimes people sees it as a status symbol.

If having braces is a fashion trend in Colombia, it might become a fashion trend over here too. That would be great for me!!!! :lol:

Top braces on: January 9th, 2006. Lowers on February 14th, 2006
Full metalmouth!

Mel-UK

#17 Post by Mel-UK »

Hi there,
It's really true, I went to Colombia last summer and I couldn't believe the number of adults who had braces, far more than anywhere else including North America. I went for a wedding and there were even adults at the wedding with braces on. It really is the place to go if you can't decide to go for it or not.
Damon3 upper & lowers
plus bite turbos on upper front teeth and one elastic closing a gap on front lower teeth and one closing a gap on upper front teeth. Elastics on hooks both sides.

akabraces

mel!

#18 Post by akabraces »

Thanks Mel UK
for backing me up on this!

I knew it wasn't all in
my mind!

Hope you liked Colombia!

*aka

Mel-UK

#19 Post by Mel-UK »

Hi aka,

No, not all in the mind - I have told both my Orth and dentist... sad I know.

Yes I loved it - we were made to feel very welcome.

x Mel
Damon3 upper & lowers
plus bite turbos on upper front teeth and one elastic closing a gap on front lower teeth and one closing a gap on upper front teeth. Elastics on hooks both sides.