Poll: toothpaste

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

somethingvague

#16 Post by somethingvague »

pearl drops electric whitening.

H Rogers

#17 Post by H Rogers »

I use Crest Cavity Protection everyday and three times a week I brush with Arm & Hammer Baking Soda toothpaste to remove coffee & red wine stains. (works really well for that)

kel

#18 Post by kel »

I use Colgate total plus whitening or Colgate advanced with stain protection

August1

#19 Post by August1 »

I use Biotene, which is SLS free. This supposedly helps reduce canker sores. I have no idea if it's true, but I figure it can't hurt.

bracesrok

#20 Post by bracesrok »

Sensodyne for sensitive teeth (and sores in my mouth)!
braces are alright, but i still can't wait to get them off!

seeminglyshy

#21 Post by seeminglyshy »

Colgate TOTAL.

It's excellent, the best toothpaste I've used thus far -- 2 years and running.

Also, the flouride treatment from the dentist. I use it right after brushing with Total.
Braced: 9/23/05

Having 4 wisdom teeth extracted: 2/17/06 *ouchie*

Ceramic on top, metal below.

Duration: 2 years

Jennifer

#22 Post by Jennifer »

I use Oral-B Rembrandt.
J.J

Geri

#23 Post by Geri »

I use sensodyne blue gel. It tastes good and no more sensitivity to cold. I used to use colgate cinamon rush but it made the skin around my mouth go red, so that was stopped in a hurry.
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

Granola

#24 Post by Granola »

Colgate Total Clean Mint paste and Burt's Bees Cinnamint (I alternate them).
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

KathleenH

#25 Post by KathleenH »

Crest something. I can never remember what it's called. Except when I'm pregnant, I can't handle it, so I use my husband's Colgate Total. I don't like it as well, but at least it doesn't make me sick.

I personally think the type of toothbrush used makes the most difference. I use the Colgate Total professional toothbrush. Ever since I've started using that type, my hygenist comments on how well I floss (which I never do).
Kathleen

Surgery survivor

Raspberry

#26 Post by Raspberry »

I use arm & Hammer whitening most of the time. I just tried Rembrant Whitening and I don't like it much.

Lin

#27 Post by Lin »

Crest Vivid White - "Invigorating" flavor. That's my favorite!

But then, I also switch off sometimes to my watermelon or green apple flavored toothpastes, and use a prescription strength fluoride mint toothpaste now and then.
-- Lin | Braced on 1/31/06 | 5 extractions + Canine Exposed 4/19/06

sydsmom

#28 Post by sydsmom »

I think I'm missing something with the Colgate Total thing. The times I've tried it, it leaves a greasy film on my tongue and makes everything taste funny. Guess it's just me...

Right now, I use a combo of Arm & Hammer peroxicare and Biotene because I hate how the Biotene doesn't bubble but like that it doesn't bother my sore spots. I also love Control Rx vanilla mint (from the dentist), but it's expensive so i don't get it that often.
Lower bicuspids extracted 1/11/06
Braced (full metal) 1/18/06

KJM

#29 Post by KJM »

I use Crest baking soda and peroxide and a couple times a week I use Oral B Intense Stain toothpaste ( it gets all the ugly coffee stains off)
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007