Cost for first Consultation

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rockexrolloh

#16 Post by rockexrolloh »

My first consultation was free. That included x-rays. My second appointment will be having my teeth molded which I have to pay the down payment for everything. Most orthodontist offer the first consultation free. I'd keep looking.

payoki

free consultation

#17 Post by payoki »

had x rays and consultation, all free. Many ortho are offering free consultation so shop around and get many opinion as possible so you have options.
mother of one.

Contentt

Thanks for all the input!

#18 Post by Contentt »

This board rocks, thanks for all the input. I'll be shopping around a bit more.

drazda

#19 Post by drazda »

My ortho charges $35 for consultations. I went in and he looked at my teeth and said braces were "feasible" Then they did x rays and Molds which I paid $200 for. He didn't tell me the time frame I would have braces, or how much they would cost. I basically wasted $35.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

missing_tooth

#20 Post by missing_tooth »

I had two different consultations, both charged nothing for the time or xrays. In fact the the place I ended up getting my braces I had two consultations, I went back a second time for more questions. They charged me nothing.

- Missing Tooth -

ssfw

#21 Post by ssfw »

Hi Dave,

If you want to tell us, what city/area are you trying to locate an orthodontist? Maybe some people that live in the area might know of an orthodontist that s/he knows does great ortho work. Remember, choose a location of an orthodontist that will be convenient for you, whether it is close to home/work/school/etc.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

hollywood_smile

#22 Post by hollywood_smile »

just for the record cos i think you dont care how much does it cost in mexico lol!!!......consulations....i have no idea my dad pays for it, but x rays molds etc, the whole thing costs $58 dlls, $580 mexican pesos.

i guess the consultations ara round 40 dlls. anyways based on what people have said i d recommend to keep looking, ost of them got 2 or 1 constl for free.
I sooo Want a hollywood smilee....!!!!
http://hollywoodsmile.blogspot.com/

somethingvague

#23 Post by somethingvague »

£95

Shoegal

#24 Post by Shoegal »

My consult was free but the records that were done later was $270.

August1

#25 Post by August1 »

I had 3 consultations before I picked an orthodontist, all of them free, but with varying degrees of thoroughness.

Two of the orthodontists just sat me in a chair and examined my teeth, then discussed my options with me. A third orthodontist went so far as to take pictures and X-rays, however was very short with me when talking, so I decided not to go with him.

It wasn't until I had records made (molds, xrays, etc) that I had to pay anything.