So where is everyone from, how old and braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jackie100

#166 Post by jackie100 »

29 and I'm from The OC.

mcdjean

#167 Post by mcdjean »

:shock: I am 30 years old and just about to start my treatment. I get spacers in a week, and then will have my full fitting the following week. I'd be lying if I said that I am not terrified. This site and message board have been so helpful. Most of my friends and family who needed ortho treatment had it done when they were kids, so finding other adults going through treatment is very encouraging. Thanks to everyone in advance!

Megan89

#168 Post by Megan89 »

18, Toronto. Braces on for 3weeks

theprettyone

#169 Post by theprettyone »

25 from Long Island, NY and having upper linguals put on in September. No treatment on lowers.

Also, I'm a former Invisalign user but absolutely HATED it so I stopped treatment

MamaRoo

#170 Post by MamaRoo »

31 year old female.... North Dakota.... got braced July 17, 2007 was told going to be about 18 month process...

I actually am having fun with my braces... I get new lig colors every 6 weeks... and I smile and laugh more now then I did before I had the braces....

Good luck to you all.

sugarplum59

#171 Post by sugarplum59 »

48 - Female - Largo, Florida
First time in braces...got them October 2005...hope to have them off by March 2008.

JenD

#172 Post by JenD »

Bet I'm the oldest one here. :shock: I'll be 51 on Monday and will be getting my braces put on on Wednesday. I got spaces put in yesterday (ouch!!!). I'll get the uppers put on first, and in about 2 months, will get the lowers put on.

I wore a TP plus retainer for 9 months to move one crooked tooth. It worked, but in the process, my bite has sifted significantly and since I have a couple of crowded teeth on bottom, I'm getting the braces. Estimate: 1 year. Hopefully.

I'm from Tennessee and so thankful I found this site.

dbtrini

#173 Post by dbtrini »

I am 37 - first time in Braces - originally from the beautiful islands of Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean but currently residing on the other beautiful island of Barbados

Beth85

#174 Post by Beth85 »

I'm 21, turning 22 on wed 12th sept from Essex in south east england (uk). Got top and bottom metals. Jaw surgery for upper & lower next year x

PARR

#175 Post by PARR »

bracesafter40 wrote:
Jim 28, barely, physical thereapist, and Carl 29, so almost 30 tho, chef, both fitrst timers, a week so far, both gleaming In Ovation R self ligating , Carl's getting elastics at first adjustment. Pennsylvania
nice you guys got them together; how long is the treatment for either?
Sorry I didn't see your question sooner, after40. I'm in for a "short course" 12-18 months, but chef will take longer, 24-30 months, and he gets more toys too. But then again I get to have an extraction. I am finding the whole process fascinating. chef is less enthusiastic, but appreciates all the support, and is getting thru it so far so good. Going together got us a family discount and as chef was now or else and I was better now than later, it was a no brainer to just do it.

ohmyjaw

#176 Post by ohmyjaw »

29 years old in Victoria, BC, Canada. Two years in to my second round of braces. Had surgery 13/03/07 and hoping to be brace-free for my 30th birthday in February.

breda206

#177 Post by breda206 »

bracesafter40 wrote:
I'm 21 (22 in July)
Female
and from Ireland.

Had a removable appliance on my upper teeth for 1 year when I was 12 and right now I'm in spacers getting braces (metal) on top and bottom for 24 months on 11 June!
Nice, how are those braces breda206?
Hi bracesafter40,

I haven't been on this in a good while, the braces are fine, had an adjustment on the 7th and I got powerchains on top and bottom, Red!

I got silver the last time but the powerchain was only on the bottom, I'll have to post some pictures again, how are you getting on?

verticaltrailmix

#178 Post by verticaltrailmix »

21, Female... from the Tiny SNOWY town of Marquette, Michigan :D ALMOST Canada :wink:

Choppers

#179 Post by Choppers »

Just turned 20, female, Victoria, Australia.

mogwai

#180 Post by mogwai »

Female, 27, from London, UK. Braced for the first time in March 2006!