How old will you be on the day your braces come off?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

erik

#166 Post by erik »

I am only supposed to have them for 9 months, so this summer should be it for me. Got them at 40 (just after my b-day) and they will be off at 40!

Danielle

#167 Post by Danielle »

Early and late estimates both have me at 30.
Metal Braces: August 18, 2006-January 14, 2009
Essix-type Retainers: January 14, 2009--present

ChooChooo

#168 Post by ChooChooo »

I'll be 30 too.

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#169 Post by nahky »

When i first strated this thread, i honestly thought i would still be 18 when i get my braces off. Yes, here i am, 4 months overdue and still no clear end in sight yet.

Have been 19 for 3 months now, hopefully, before my 20th (the utmost maximum wait)...
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

serendipity

#170 Post by serendipity »

Braces off in: 28 DAYS :-88 - So 21 :D
"Welcome to wherever you are - this is your life, you've made it this far..."

In Braces for 15 months - Debanded Feb 07
Am I Enjoying It? "Hell Yes!"

chrisk

#171 Post by chrisk »

42 years and 51 days.

I have a debanding date for next Friday 2nd February, 946 days after getting my braces, and 171 days after upper and lower jaw surgery and genioplasty.

tkais

#172 Post by tkais »

I will be 48, hopefully they will come off in March.

toniz

#173 Post by toniz »

I will be 44 1/2. I get braces next Wednesday...

I will be 45 in August of 2009, so if all goes well, I'll still be 44!

Toni :-)

BracedBelle

#174 Post by BracedBelle »

right now the braces-off date is in Nove 2008, which means I'll be 28 (and a half) :D

wmastin

#175 Post by wmastin »

I've only glanced at the last few pages of this thread and seem to be in a category all my own. I will be 52 when mine come off.

Million$smile

#176 Post by Million$smile »

I'll be knocking on 34 I imagine. They go on tomorrow and I have surgery to look forward to towards the end.

neelie

#177 Post by neelie »

wmastin....you are not alone. I'll be 57 if all goes well when I get my braces off. I was braced on Oct. 5, 2006 and was told 18 - 22 months. I told my ortho I'd give him 16 months to do his magic. He laughed! :lol:
There are other 50 and older on this site but we are a minority. It took me a very long time to finally make the decision to get braced and although they are a pain I'm glad I finally am doing something about my very crooked teeth. Looking forward to the end result.

wmastin

#178 Post by wmastin »

neelie wrote:wmastin....you are not alone. I'll be 57 if all goes well when I get my braces off. I was braced on Oct. 5, 2006 and was told 18 - 22 months. I told my ortho I'd give him 16 months to do his magic. He laughed! :lol:
There are other 50 and older on this site but we are a minority. It took me a very long time to finally make the decision to get braced and although they are a pain I'm glad I finally am doing something about my very crooked teeth. Looking forward to the end result.
Nice to know there is another oldster here! I waited only because no one ever mentioned braces helping. It took fracturing a tooth.....geez!

neelie

#179 Post by neelie »

AS they say...there is a time and place for everything. I knew I needed to be rebraced (first time at 15 years old) but never had the guts. I guess I just decided one day (after hearing my dentist say again....have you thought about orthodontics) that it was now or never. Proud of myself for taking this step and each day gets me closer to that nice smile. Already a front tooth has uplapped and all the bottom are lining up nicely.

Huon

#180 Post by Huon »

My braces have been off for some time, now. I was 71 when that happened. I'm pleased with the result that my ortho achieved and I'm sure that my teeth will last longer as a result of having the braces on. My first experience of bracing was as a child and it was not a happy one but this time, I had no significant worries at all. There were no negative comments but one very enthusiastic reaction from a young lass who said that she never expected to see anyone older than herself, wearing braces. She was about 22.
If this helps others to stop worrying abouit whether they are too old for braces, I will be happy.
Huon