Poll: At What Age Did You Get Your Braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

At What Age Did You Start Your Current Orthodontic Treatment?

18 to 21
15%
22 to 29
36%
30 to 39
29%
40 to 49
13%
50 to 59
6%
60 plus
1%

Total votes: 2072

SissyLaLa

Re: Poll: At What Age Did You Get Your Braces?

#256 Post by SissyLaLa »

I'm 39 with full ceramic.

pattikq

#257 Post by pattikq »

I am 58 and have just gotten my braces on. I am dealing with the discomfort with the metal against my inner lips, learning how to use the wax and floss. That's why I am on this board. Anyway, I had braces as a child but my lower teeth have crowded terribly over the years. I am doing it so I can smile without being self-conscious and also my teeth were biting my lip and inner cheek at times from misalignment. I needed to hear from the older people on this board that yes, I am not the only one to get braces at my age.

BBQ Grill

#258 Post by BBQ Grill »

33 here! Beginning my 2nd week on top n 1st week on the bottom. Finally collected enough cans to get braced up! Lol..let's hope it'll clean up the mess my wisdom tooth did to my grill

rlpea

#259 Post by rlpea »

I'm 28, and just got them on September 27th. Can't wait to see a new me in a couple of years! :-)

crooked rory

#260 Post by crooked rory »

I got mine last week at 29 years old. Just 2 months to the day from my 30'th birthday. I had been thinking about starting 8 years ago when I got a job with good insurance, but I also suffer from bipolar disorder... It seemed that whenever I would finally feel ready to do something about my teeth, I would sink back into a depressive episode with the mentality of why bother getting them fixed if I am going to kill myself. I started treatment for bipolar in 2009, and after almost a year and a half adjusting meds, I was (and am) finally stabilized and can focus on life ahead. That includes my horrible bite and incredibly crooked crowded teeth.

SueAsh5

#261 Post by SueAsh5 »

I just got braced today at age 54. I had braces as a young teen but my teeth became crooked again even though I wore a retainer quite awhile. Why did I wait this long for round two??

pattikq

#262 Post by pattikq »

I don't feel as bad now that someone else over 50 got braces! LOL

kamor

#263 Post by kamor »

I am 48 years old and have had my braces for 16 days. I have major issues with TMJ and my bite. The headaches, jaw tension and pain, neck soreness, difficulty sleeping, were major factors in my decision to get braces. I probably should have had braces as a teenager, but like many others, my parents could not afford it, and not many people had braces at that time.
I feel better after only 2 weeks with braces, but am struggling with all the usual braces related issues. I try to focus on my when my braces will be off ( hopefully prior to my 50th birthday). I am visualizing a huge party with my family and friends, and lots of photos with a big smile and straight teeth!

Skylines

#264 Post by Skylines »

I just recently turned 18 and just got my top metal braces on yesterday! It's painful, exciting, worrisome, and strange all at once.
I'll get a saggital appliance and a cetlin appliance in 4 weeks and the bottom braces on in 6 months, which worries me, because my bottom teeth are MUCH worse than the top. This seems backwards to me, but then again, I'm not the orthodontist!

Lia77

#265 Post by Lia77 »

22! Just got my uppers yesterday :)

EbonyQ

#266 Post by EbonyQ »

22 :)

naijadiva

#267 Post by naijadiva »

24! Got braced on 06/03/2011.

denSMSgt

#268 Post by denSMSgt »

Okay all, don't laugh...

40 Back on yesterday, 11 Oct.

Retainers seem to be my nemesis. It's a long story...

dennis

Crookedteeth88

#269 Post by Crookedteeth88 »

23 IA first timer:)

cheerrabbit

#270 Post by cheerrabbit »

I got braces about a month before I turned 30.