Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JumpTheDitch

*Bump!*

#271 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Thought I'd share my new colour.

My ortho's not been keen on letting me have coloured powerchains (he says he gets better movement from the gray. Don't ask me how that works :roll:). This last appointment though the assistants were on my side and had the sparkly purple powerchains on before he could comment! :P

It's a bit hard to see but if you look closely (easiest to see in the centre of the lower chain) you can see that my purple powerchains have silver sparkles. Nice, huh? Jealous KK? :P

turrrtlelove22

#272 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Ohhh sparkly purple cute...I like....The 3-looped purple power chain I got faded and looks rather sickly...bleh...good thing its only on one side in the back. This might not be a color choice when I get power chains...
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

deliwoman

#273 Post by deliwoman »

Okay, my pearl ligs were looking kind of dingy (see below: 1st is before, 2nd is after) after three weeks so I went and had them changed today to clear. I drink coffee with cream every morning and love catsup so the ligs were starting to stain (doesn't show so well in picture but in the daylight they were quite yellow). So now I am avoiding stainers (coffee, tomato sauce, mustard, curry) as much as possible and using straws! I asked to see what smoke looked like but I think the assistant did gray because they were very noticeable, not at all like Sbebs. I'll just have to try a bunch to see which I like the most when I go for my adjustment.

Sbebs

#274 Post by Sbebs »

That's strange that your smoke ligs appeared so grey. Do you know what brand your ortho uses? Mine uses 3M...good luck with clear!

Braced with 3M Clarity ceramics, except molar brackets in metal
Uppers 1/10/07 Lowers 3/8/07 Estimated 18 months

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

deliwoman

#275 Post by deliwoman »

Sbebs-thanks for the info, I am going to take the picture you posted and ask them if they have the 3M smoke that look like yours!

Sbebs

#276 Post by Sbebs »

From the 3M site - it is the "AlastiK" line.

http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediawebs ... dzCOrrrrQ-

Page 8 shows a pallete of all the colors. Hope that helps, I really have enjoyed the smoke. Just a hint of color + stain resistant = a great combination!

Braced with 3M Clarity ceramics, except molar brackets in metal
Uppers 1/10/07 Lowers 3/8/07 Estimated 18 months

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

lemonlyme

#277 Post by lemonlyme »

Light pink and dark pink powerchains

JumpTheDitch

#278 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Thanks for the tip KK. I didn't know that about purple, but that would explain why the last extraction gap which has stubbornly refused to budge over the last year with the gray powerchains is suddenly close to gone! :banana:

shoshiaf

#279 Post by shoshiaf »

Man, this forum is making me really jealous! I'm currently serving in the military, so there are strict rules as to what colors I'm allowed to sport on my braces.

Basically, I have the options of clear, black, white or grey. Is that boring or what?

Keep the pictures coming; I love them! :pinkbraces:

alexa

#280 Post by alexa »

How bout some wacky primary colors? :lol:

Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

ScottR

#281 Post by ScottR »

Alexa those are really "fun" colors. I like it...

alexa

#282 Post by alexa »

Wow! You're bolder than me!
Haha. Really, I don't know what happened. I think I was focussed so deeply on my irritation with my orthodontist, that I just started naming colors. The ortho asst. looked mortified, which seemed to egg on the insanity. :lol:

It's not so bad though. People mostly only see the uppers and the red powerchain. Heh. :lol:
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

PrincessMelody

#283 Post by PrincessMelody »

I don't think I ever posted my latest lig colors on here. Woops! Well here they are... pink and purple.

Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

chicklets

#284 Post by chicklets »

alexa wrote:How bout some wacky primary colors? :lol:

Oh what fun, Alexa!

I'm getting braced just before Easter, and my 12-year-old daughter is trying to convince me to get all different easter egg colors (pink, lavender, yellow, blue, mint). I'm not that brave for my first set. Brave for me will be any color other than clear or silver. :D
Palate expander: 10/10/2006 through 03/27/2007
Spacers and brackets: 03/27/2007
Archwire: 04/05/2007
First adjustment: 06/05/2007

Lisa65

#285 Post by Lisa65 »

Alexa they are fab! My ortho only lets me have 2 different colours at a time, the meanie.