What are you most looking forward to?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Fran1988

Eating a bannana

#31 Post by Fran1988 »

apparently the first thing people should do is eat a banana the day you debrace. Apparently the feeling of it gliding over your newly straightened Free teeth is gr8, providing of course you like bananas that is.

sedona

what are you most looking forward to

#32 Post by sedona »

that little bit of self consciousness that seems to permeate each and every little interaction...
It is a bit like running with ankle weights..... :)

LoobyLou

#33 Post by LoobyLou »

I can't wait to come out from an indian resaurant without neon powerchains, decent looking teeth, not having to sit and suck out all the food that's stuck in the nooks and crannies and most of all being confident about my smile for a change!
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Aine

#34 Post by Aine »

My braces are at the very bottom on my top teeth....even my hygenist said that she had never seen braces so "low" before....so my number 1 thing is to be able to bite into anything with my front teeth!

Nervous

#35 Post by Nervous »

I can't wait to chew on some bubblegum again! :lol:

Gennel

#36 Post by Gennel »

Ok I'm not even braced yet for about another week , if I heal well after myextractions. Things I will look forward to:

1) Family Portrait
2)Keeping eye contact when I speak to anyone
2)Licking across my straight teeth, know what I mean?
3)A big smile without hurting my jaw because I keep it closed while I laugh

4) Not deam anymore " I wonder how I would feel and look with straight teeth?"

I can deal with the food problems later....

Gennel

nvcarissa

#37 Post by nvcarissa »

Yes, I am looking forward to a great smile and correct bite, not looking funky in candid pictures, etc, but right now, I will be like most of you, finally free of dealing with the braces and all that goes along with them...food issues, cankers, wires, all of it. I don't really mind my braces, but sometimes I just get weary of it all.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

Gennel

#38 Post by Gennel »

Dodger UK wrote:

"Trust me, when you have your new smile, it will be like the storm clouds clearing overhead, and the sun shining through - metaphorically speaking of course "

OMG ! I wrote so many things and your quote explains how I feel exactly!

Gennel

sharrsharrsheesheiya

Looking Forward To....

#39 Post by sharrsharrsheesheiya »

Hey what a lovely positive topic !! Great reading and sharing my feelings of concern, and the smiling and eating stuff is something I long for, but two things will be my best experiences once this long old treatment haul is over--kissing my boyfriend without the metal wires and facebow coming between our lips, can't wait for that ! And kissing my little girl and watching her face when she sees me for first time all metal-free !!! That should be a magic moment. So glad I found this place cos its really cheered me - thx Sharrsharrsheesheiya
Sharrsharrsheesheiya,17yearsold,UK BracedTop&Bottom-13March2000 ElasicBands-22August2002 HeadGear-8January2004