Which elastics were you assigned to so far???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KikiloSugilo

#31 Post by KikiloSugilo »

I've had 3M Elliot and now Fred

Dovechild20

#32 Post by Dovechild20 »

Right now I have West Indian Manatee (Trichechus manatus, blue), Heavy, size 5/16, 7.9mm.

Carolinahigh12

#33 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

I just started elastics and PC and oh my god this hurts so bad!!! Back to soft foods for a couple of days..but anywho..I have Monkey elastics and they are the very lightest elastics that he had in which i have to wear them 24hrs a day and change them once a day.
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

Higgy

#34 Post by Higgy »

I started with Chipmunks....3 elastics on my left side only...class II arrangement.....and as of today, I have 3 on the left, AND 3 on the right....so they're even, but right side is more tender becuase the whole elastics thing is new to them. I'm still with chipmunks though.

CJP

Re: Which elastics were you assigned to so far???

#35 Post by CJP »

I just got my elastics yesterday. :soremouth: I have the Wildlife series, Mountain Gorilla (3/16 in; Medium 4.5 oz) for the front, and the Galapagos Giant Tortoise (3/16 in; Heavy 6.5 oz) for the side/back. I have the Neon colors, which I like so much better than the rubber color one.
Braces on June 21, 2012
Original estimate 18 to 24 months.
Ceramic uppers Replaced Sept. 19, 2012 with metal
Metal lowers
TAD #1: July 5, 2012

starfish88

#36 Post by starfish88 »

As of 1/2 an hour ago I have quails! I also have a bag of foxes for when I have finished my 2 bags of quails. Excited!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

lovelyj85

#37 Post by lovelyj85 »

I have Louie 5/16 7.9mm medium. Just got mine about 2 weeks ago. They still make my teeth and jaw so sore :-/

bracesagain2

#38 Post by bracesagain2 »

Hi - this is so interesting and funny to me. I didn't even know there were animal names for the elastics.

I've been wearing "Cathys" this whole time for my treatment. It's supposed to be the tightest one. I saw some other people had "names" for their elastics too.

As an animal-lover, that would've been fun to wear the animal named elastics. :D

Joye30

#39 Post by Joye30 »

I have quails :)
*Alicia*
Damon clear on top, Damon metal on bottom 8/23/12

starfish88

#40 Post by starfish88 »

Those quails seem tiny and I didn't expect them to do anything but after 3 weeks of them and a few days of foxes my overjet had moved 2mm! Apparently I get bears next time (8 more weeks of foxes) and I'm excited as my ortho stocks these in colours as well as white!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

Mauvaise

#41 Post by Mauvaise »

My Ortho doesn't stock the animal ones :(

I have Bern. They are H4 Heavy (4oz) 4mm (3/16") elastics. Those are clear. I mainly wear the equivalent in GAC Sunburst which has mixed colors (purple, hot pink, orange, and green) in one bag. I like that because I can color coordinate with my outfits. :)
In full braces for 2 years, 3 weeks, 1 day.

My Saga (Innovation-C upper/lower) here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=40053

marybee

#42 Post by marybee »

Just got mine yesterday.......Sea Lions. Nope, not fun at all :ouch: or maybe it is the combination of getting power chains, elastics and heavy wires all at the same time.

Yeah, ice cream :jump:

Enforcer

#43 Post by Enforcer »

I have Mainland Asian Elephant. When I wake up at night, I feel like my jaw has been soldered shut!

Beckett

#44 Post by Beckett »

Where does everyone live that has such creative names for elastics? And is it the name on the bag or the name of the configuration? Mine just say the boring specifications.
Braces for 18 months/4 days.

Toxgirl

#45 Post by Toxgirl »

I'm in Debbie elastics right now. The bag says 1/8" (3.2mm), Heavy. The triangle configuration wasn't too bad but only have that on the left side. They added a hook to the right top lateral incisor and i have the elastic hooked from that to the first bottom molar. In addition they powerchained all the bottome teeth. Talk about pain!! I feel like my teeth are being ripped out!! :shock: