The cure I wish I knew earlier

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ironyengine

#31 Post by ironyengine »

Thanks for the replies everyone, both public and private... it sounds as though regular iodized salt is what works, so I'll try that in the warm water... hopefully once daily will do the trick, as it reminds me of doing the same rinse after having my wisdom teeth out. Not the best association. ;)

Now if I can just figure out a way to keep the affected areas dry long enough to apply the orthosil, hopefully I'll be on the way back to painlessness!

juf_84

#32 Post by juf_84 »

I've used HP on nasty pimples and infections and it's brilliant.

I've never used it for a mouth ulcer though- I usually put on some SM-33 and the ulcer will be gone the next day.
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

principessa

#33 Post by principessa »

Just bought some Hydrogen Peroxide from Superdrug - tastes a bit weird afterwards so will try and mix it with mouthwash and see what happens!!! I was worried at first cos I ended up swallowing a bit (I'm not very good at gargelling!) but I didn't poison myself fortunately!! But be careful as it is an irritant! :oops:

My mouth ulcers are more like lumps where the bracket has cut into the cheek - will they EVER go away?????

ironyengine

#34 Post by ironyengine »

hey! I feel I owe it to everyone to respond and tell how great the salt water has been working. Just a day after I started rinsing with it, both my canker sores were starting to recede and within a few more days they were gone... of course I lapsed after that and now I've got a tiny one starting right above another bracket, but hopefully within another day or so that too will go away.

KK, I can't thank you enough for this tip. Heed these words everybody! Salt does the trick!