Ugly Betty - Your Reactions?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

#31 Post by bbsadmin »

It sounds like a great show. I can't wait for it to come to the UK. Positive female role models that are not hollywood perfection, that has to be a good thing. I just hope they don't end up doing the usual removal of the glasses / brace / makeover thing to show that she is really a babe underneath.

Joney
Oh, I bet they will, but not until the very last show. If they did it too soon, it would ruin the whole concept. So I predict that at the very end, Betty will come into the office one day being 30 pounds lighter, wearing contacts, braces off her teeth, with a great new hairstyle. TV shows can be so formulaic...I'd be really surprised if it didn't happen. :roll:

There is ONE thing they forgot to give Betty: bad skin. Wait, two things: bad skin and dandruff....
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

alexa

#32 Post by alexa »

My wife and I watched it, she kind of made me......at least I didn't have to watch Gilmore Girls reruns!!!! :)

Hey! Gilmore Girls is only like one of my favorite shows. I'm so sad my mom screwed up taping it for me (I work Tuesday nights, so I can't watch it until later and I don't have TV at my house...) this last week...I had been rewatching season 6 to prepare! :wink:
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

bbsadmin

#33 Post by bbsadmin »

I wasn't able to watch the show last night.

How was it?
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Cor1

I'll admit it................

#34 Post by Cor1 »

O.K. wasn't to sure about it, but now I'm hooked!!!

Cor1

xtrememkovr

#35 Post by xtrememkovr »

If it hasn't been mentioned already - you can watch the weeks show on line at abc dot com. not sure of the full addy - but I'm sure you can google it. :) You can watch the entire show on line...!!!

I watched it yesterday. I'm hooked. I LOVE Betty. I love the humor - and I think she is the most beautiful person I have ever known in my life. She has such a great spirit - and there is always something so rewarding about how the shows end. Great messages, if ya know what I mean.

I'm looking forward to next Thursday. I look forward to another show as soon as the last one airs. Hooked line and sinker!

X.

Sweet L

#36 Post by Sweet L »

Hi!
I haven't watched anything of Uggly Betty, mainly because I live in Argentina :lol: , but in my country a few years ago we watched a Colombian TV show called "Betty La Fea" (I guess that's the original name of the adapted version in English), any way, at that time, I didn't like the show... until this year when my mother started watching in a Mexican channel "La fea mas bella",(something like The most beautiful uggly), the main character is called Letty, and I just love her, she's so inteligent, has a good heart, is a good person, watching her you don't even remember she's wearing braces! and the "pretty ladies" of the show, thin, big boobs, great smiles, are so shallow, and stupid that look tinny next to Letty's natural beauty... I know she needs to improve some things, like her clothes (she wears grandma's clothes), her hair, but the character is so great that you don't pay attention to that...
I think it's a great message that you don't have to look fake, or too thin, or be tall, to be beautiful... I would love to tell you more, but I don't want the risk of telling you something that didn't happened in the English version yet :oops:
I took this picture from the official website http://www.esmas.com/lafeamasbella/

Xero

#37 Post by Xero »

You can watch Ugly Betty on ABC's broadband channel on the website. It's great!
About three years since being braced. Changed ortho twice, so it's hard to keep track.

A very special thanks to KK & linda21 for constantly reading my log. Thanks!