Strangest thing you've eaten with a knife and fork?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Raspberry

#31 Post by Raspberry »

I cut up nearly everything with a knife and fork to eat now.

Cut the corn off the cob...

I eat subs and wraps, and pizza with a knife and fork.

but the best thing to not cut up is slices of melon... my teeth used to be really crooked and wonky, and now when I bite into a piece of melon I marvel at the lovely half circle my bite makes! :D

JumpTheDitch

#32 Post by JumpTheDitch »

A california roll.

When I got wires changed last time my ortho installed what he called "some fairly hefty wires". Too right. I thought a sushi roll would be soft enough if i cut it into little bits. Apparently not. I ended up putting it in the blender (with some wasabi and soy sauce, of course) and feeding myself little squidgy balls of mush in little bird-like portions. :roll:

It was a very nice roll though!

DizzyKitty

#33 Post by DizzyKitty »

Beware of tortilla chips - nearly choked to death recently on a bit of tortilla chip (which, incidentally, I didn't scrunch up as I normally do) - a nasty big trianglur shaped piece got firmly lodged in my throat ... my life flashed before me ... I was home alone ... quickly I drank some hot water then had some olive oil ...

I have had this exact tortilla chip experience more than once (like I should actually LEARN from it LOL). I find myself nearly choking on a lot of things because I don't chew as thoroughly as I need to sometimes. Of course this is the reason I cut up a lot of things or do the tearing of sandwiches, chicken SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM and such.

I cut pizza and hamburgers if I'm in a restaurant...sometimes if my front teeth just aren't taking me biting into something.

Oh, I also cut up soft tacos. I can't wait to bite into a caramel apple again!
- Dizzy