anyone regret putting color ligs at our age?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

luxekitty

#31 Post by luxekitty »

bracedgrill wrote:also, keep in mind that i go to clubs alot...although it sounds superficial, what will the guys think? lol
24 and I go out A LOT too, guys seem to love it. Never got 1 negative comment. :)
Braces off 9/19/08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BraceKate

#32 Post by BraceKate »

Once you have the metal mouth, there's no going back. You might as well go all the way and have some fun. Who really cares what people think. Seriously, anyone who gets caught up on what color your ligs are could find some more important things to worry about, don't you think?

bracedgrill

#33 Post by bracedgrill »

I mean I do not have low self-esteem but lets be real...if anyone has sat here and NEVER thought twice about something because of what someone else thought...I will applaud you! lol That's the only reason why I started the post, just wondering if anyone felt the same way at one point, thats all, not really saying I was going to give in.

But thanks for all your comments, I appriciate all the encouragement! :)

BraceKate

#34 Post by BraceKate »

I think you're right about that. It was hard enough deciding to get braces. But once I decided, there was no going back.

Totally dig your ligs, by the way. :D

BraceKate

#35 Post by BraceKate »

I think you're right about that. It was hard enough deciding to get braces. But once I decided, there was no going back.

Totally dig your ligs, by the way. :D

thisismethen

#36 Post by thisismethen »

I agree, bracedgril...it isn't a peachy cream world out there where no one judges and everyone lives happily every after! lol
but your ligs look great!

prettybetty3

#37 Post by prettybetty3 »

I was hesitant to take the jump because of the reasons the first poster said...and sadly, I do regret it. I did get teased NOT for the braces but for the colors that made me look "childish." The most important question, did I like the colors despite the reactions? Nah not really...despite the color lig hype amongst us brace faces...some people are just more comfortable with the basics!

Tin Indian

#38 Post by Tin Indian »

I'm only 5 months in treatment myself at 53yo. I tried only a couple of colors so far and I don't regret it at all. I'm a proud wearer of braces , why should any comments I have heard determine what colors I wear on my teeth. They are MY teeth.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

luxekitty

#39 Post by luxekitty »

I'm 24 and I loved my colored ligs, I see it as a braces "perk". =p
Braces off 9/19/08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swisscat

Re: anyone regret putting color ligs at our age?

#40 Post by swisscat »

I hope to get color ligs soon (I have grey one). I am 33 and I don't care what other people think!

MadSpinner

Re: anyone regret putting color ligs at our age?

#41 Post by MadSpinner »

I'm at the same age as you are topic starter and I have colored ones. I believe it doesn't make someone childish, not unless (no offense to those who did this) you choose to have multicolored ligs. Actually it's cool to have colored ones, as long as you will only have one color for your brackets maybe every other adjustments or what.

edit: sorry for the necromancy. didn't look at the post's date. It was just necroed by someone too.