Ok how many people have stopped eatting sugar?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LadyTr0uble

#31 Post by LadyTr0uble »

hah! the day i don't have sugar would be the day i am 8 feet under the ground!
Had a milkshake for my first braced meal, I believe (so much for the no sugar instructions, huh?). And with my clients buying me chocolate for holiday gifts doesn't help either. I just brush right after. I do try to drink my sugary drinks with straws to minimize the contact with my teeth, and have candy and ice cream at home where the waterpik is handy so I can blast the sugar from between my teeth and I can brush right after

Kim: yeah the fried foods are the "dangerous ones." I bent the lingual wire on the brace on my molar a week into being braced from fried chicken.

oh, FYI-be careful with popcorn! darn unpopped seeds hurt and the shells is a pain to get out from under the hardware

EramusBraces

#32 Post by EramusBraces »

I've actually cut out most of my sugar intake, despite the occasional cookie or slice of cheesecake--but for the first few days, I thrived on milkshakes, only because they were the only thing that didn't hurt to swallow. My teefses were sore.
But, I don't drink any soda anymore. I'm all water. It's weird, but I feel better. :D

EramusBraces

#33 Post by EramusBraces »

Oh, and to the Aussie/Canadian cracker post--I only have one word. Tim-Tams.

lionfish

#34 Post by lionfish »

EramusBraces wrote:Oh, and to the Aussie/Canadian cracker post--I only have one word. Tim-Tams.
The universal panacea...Tim Tams (that's when chicken soup doesn't work). If you really want a caffeine hit, try drinking (or rather sucking) your coffee through a Tim Tam.

They are a very naughty biscuit.

lionfish

#35 Post by lionfish »

KK wrote:
Lionfish ... I use milo or chai latta ... they may be naughty ... but ghee they're nice! :banana:
That would produce a similar taste effect I imagine. Maybe I should go out and get some.....