Damon3

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lionfish

#31 Post by lionfish »

Lisa65 wrote:
can damons tie my shoelaces or make a good cup of capuccino
I dunno, and I'm not bothered about that. But if they can clean the bathroom and do the dishes, then bring em on!
Now I am REALLY taking notice. :lol:

chevyhuny

#32 Post by chevyhuny »

Thats too funny as I just sat down from cleaning my bathroom and scrubbing my own potty.

Ill tell you my Damon's didn't help me one bit! Not even to use the scrubbing brush. :( It must not be in their contract.
Last edited by chevyhuny on Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

jordan120

#33 Post by jordan120 »

Don't want to sling anymore mud, however many of the top Ortho's in London do recommend Damon braces above other types. I'm sure they're not right for everyone, however, its been described to me that they can often reduce treatment times by 1/3 - 1/2, and have the additional advantage of needing fewer appointments.

From my own experience, having lingual braces would have taken approx 18months on my teeth, having Damon's I'm expected to be completed within 12 months. I have never used wax, and my level of discomfort has been low throughout my treatment (expect directly after my adjustments for a few days)

Cheers

THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR

ladylikeruby

#34 Post by ladylikeruby »

KK! Get over it...

chevyhuny

#35 Post by chevyhuny »

Yeah, This debating is getting really old. Im seeing it in so may posts geez. :( The same thing over and over.

chevyhuny

#36 Post by chevyhuny »

How about posting a link to whats already been said instead of all of these long drawn out posts and debates going over the same thing every time someone brings up Damon's.

It's great to be informative and I am glad that things are pointed out but its getting to be a little much. :( We know what you feel and what you have said, its been written over and over again. Just link us.

I have a feeling people are going to stop talking about them for fear that something they may say starts a huge debate and every sentence they write is questioned and jumped on. I would hate that as I have them and would like to talk to others who have them, that is why I am here.
Braced years ago, now I am braced again! Crossing fingers this time around.
Damon 3s on 6 of top front teeth. Damon 3MX on all the rest.

chevyhuny

#37 Post by chevyhuny »

Oh good grief... :roll: Forget it. You don't get what I was saying at all and I am not surprised. Neither are the people who PMed me who don't even care to post about their own Damon experiences anymore due to the Damon Police who go way over the top. Have at it. :roll:

taylorhl25

#39 Post by taylorhl25 »

:? Oh gees what did I start, thanks to everyone who commented, I suppose it really comes down to personal experience, so I will know in 24 days :wink:

chevyhuny

#40 Post by chevyhuny »

You didn't start anything Taylor, this has been going on in many other threads. It wasn't you.
I suppose it really comes down to personal experience, so I will know in 24 days.
The best of luck to you on Brace day! Please come back and let us know how your day went. I have Damon's and want to know how others are doing too so if you don't want to make a post PM me. Ive been talking with others in Damons through PMs too.

My install was really quick (20 minutes). I walked out feeling really weird, like I had a clothing rack welded onto my mouth. It felt VERY bulky but now that a few weeks have gone by I am noticing them less and less. The first week is tough trying to get used to things but it gets better. :D

jennielee81

#41 Post by jennielee81 »

Your bonding experience sounds similar to mine...except that I had to have my 3 of my Opals replaced immediatly as they decided to fly across the room when opened. The rebonding of those suckers caused the time to be longer.

I'm so glad you are on your way and happy with your decission.

My damons never caused me any trouble and my ortho really likes using them; and he's good at what he does! My treatment took a few months longer than estimated, but I love the result so the time dosn't matter anymore.

Best wishes to you!
Jenn
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

chevyhuny

#42 Post by chevyhuny »

:shock: Oh my goodness, they decided to take a flight? :lol: I am glad u had a good experience with them Jenn. Are you enjoying your new smile?

My ortho told me to expect 2 years but that most of his patients end up being finished in 17months. Like you I don't care as long as I have straight teeth in the end. And I trust my ortho, he has been in practice since 1972 at the same office. Ive talked to adults who had him as a child and love him. He likes Damon's as well and didn't charge me a penny more then other metal braces. However long it takes is fine with me.

jennielee81

#43 Post by jennielee81 »

Oh my goodness, they decided to take a flight?
Yep, it was pretty funny watching the assistant who was working on me watch them arc across the room and say, "uh...oh"

No problem after direct bonding new ones. The ortho thinks that the custom pad was prepred wrong on those 3 Opals.

Yes, I'm still loving my new smile. Istill keep smiling into mirrors when ever I pass one. :D

I don't even mind the retainers. Only that the upper hawley does interfere with the view of my pearly whites.
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm