A Smashing Success - I'm Done!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

joplin

#31 Post by joplin »

What a lovely smile! Thanks for sharing the pics!
Case: Impacted canines, crowding & crossbite.
Treatment: SARPE 2004/10/6, RPE 2004/9/28 - 2005/1/31, w-arch until 2005/11/22, impacted canines extracted 2005/5/18.
Braces on: top 2005/6/2, bottom 2005/8/30.
Braces off: 2008/6/9.
Retainers, phase one: expanding Hawley retainer 24/7, bonded retainers on top & bottom.
Retainers, phase two: Hawley on top, bonded both top & bottom, positioner for night time use.

LadyTr0uble

#32 Post by LadyTr0uble »

Congrats!!! That was truly amazing work done in such a relatively short period of time.

That's for the inspirational story!

Lillers

#33 Post by Lillers »

Hey, gorgeous!

Heartfelt congratulations from a harmlessly flirty (but happily married) woman. You're an inspiration to us all.

With any luck (*knocking on wood*) I'll get debanded myself sometime this summer, after which I plan to get whitening and some bonding done too. Then I plan to spend the rest of my life grinning like the proverbial Cheshire Cat.

:BigTeethGrin:
Braced March 2005 (lower); November 2005 (upper); all ceramic. Goal = correcting overbite.

Lower jaw surgery was successfully performed December 18, 2006.

Dmourning

#34 Post by Dmourning »

Thanks for all the kind words! You all don't know how much it means and, frankly, how good it feels, to hear these nice things said about my own teeth...It has helped to totally make the whole ordeal worth it!!

Anyhow, to answer a couple of questions about my treatment that were asked:

I wore two separate removable expansion devices (I was never told their "proper" names) over the course of nine months before I got braces. After that, I wore braces for 21 months.

Debanding wasn't TOO bad, actually. The worst part of it was when they took the two metal bands around the back molars off. That hurt a bit.

Thanks again for all the kind words!!
Braces on: February 22, 2005

Braces off: December 28, 2006