people who prefer metal over ceramic?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Way Too Old For This

#31 Post by Way Too Old For This »

I wasn't really given a choice. I had to have an impacted canine brought down and my ortho wanted the strength of the metal brackets. I haven't been sorry as I would hate to have to worry about staining.

Another woman in my office has clear and when I first saw them I just thought she just had food stuck in her teeth.

Metal braces on my teeth still look better than my teeth did before I started treatment. Its only a couple of years. Thats nothing compared to how long my teeth have been just plain ugly all by themselves.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

bsblguy

#32 Post by bsblguy »

My orthodontist doesn't like ceramics as well as metal because they don't get as good of results or break or come off easier. I will have all metal damon braces tomorrow. I wanted all metal anyway and wasn't concerned about the looks. Besides, as much as I'm paying for them i want people to see them, LOL.

Ives

#33 Post by Ives »

Get my braces on this thursday and still havn't decided which way to go.
Probably ceramic upper and metal lower. It's not so much the vanity thing. I just want to play around with lig colors, and it seems to me the ligs will contrast better against the white brackets. Black on white has got to rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rawk:
Braced March 1st 07

acrobat

#34 Post by acrobat »

Ives wrote: I just want to play around with lig colors, and it seems to me the ligs will contrast better against the white brackets. Black on white has got to rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rawk:
agree, that's also one of the reasons why i was thinking to get ceramics.
Now i have all metal and actually it really doesn't matter. If i would have gotten ceramics it would have taken a bit longer for people to find out, but i'm sure they would see it eventually.
Full metal really is A LOT of metal in your mouth, but i didn't get any negative comment so far.

josephine

#35 Post by josephine »

No contest for me, I've got all metal. I did consider ceramics, but was told that metal was smaller, cheaper, faster, and easier to remove. The clincher was that my ortho prefers working with metal brackets. I figure I will get better results if I go with the material the ortho likes best.

Ives

#36 Post by Ives »

On this I will agree with you 100%. If my ortho recommends metal, than metal it is.
Braced March 1st 07