I hardly even need braces! (pic)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SDFD TSchott

#31 Post by SDFD TSchott »

EazyE
Take it for granted your getting free treatment, there is alot of people out there who would love to have free treatment but can't.

As for the government paying for your treatment, its not the government paying for it. Its your parents who work the other people around the world that works who has money removed from there paychecks for taxes.

As for onedayperfect, 45 hours a week yes that is the same as alot of us hard working people out there trying to make a living and yet we still have people like EazyE thinking that the government is paying for the whole thing when in reality we hard workers who pay our taxes pay for free stuff like that so in the long run there is an old saying I heard alot in highschool. "TINSTAAFL" There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Having ortho treatment is well worth it, your medical history will thank you down the road when your mouth isn't causeing alot of medical problems I've seen so quit complaining and just go through with the treatment. Its only going to last you 2 years so just get over the fact.

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

newmetal

#32 Post by newmetal »

onedayperfect wrote: I hope your teeth fall out :roll:
What a stupid post. It seems people on here are giving eazy quite a hard time for expressing their opinion, the bloke hasn't killed anyone so why are people responding with all this negative stuff. You all established eazy is in thier teens so i dont think people should jump down the poor persons throat for not wanting braces.

Mate, my opinion is, if your happy with your teeth then get them taken off, if you are not in anyway id say leave them on because you probably will regret it later.

Dont listen to some of the stuff thats been posted on here because i think it highlights some of the immaturity of people on this board.

fitchick

#33 Post by fitchick »

Hi EazyE,

As you have asked for advice from members of the board then I will add my comments, whether you take the advice or whether you have already made your mind up, is your decision alone. I delayed the decision to have braces for over 25 yrs, something I deeply regret, but something that I have at least decided to address now. If I was given the opportunity like you to have them done at such a young age then I'd have taken it. I am not qualified to advise you on whether your teeth need braces, but I assume that an ortho hasn't recommended them for no reason.

You may not have to dig deep into your own pocket to fund the treatment, but someone somewhere is, and I should be extremely grateful for that. In my opinion, and I stress that it is only my opinion, from your attitude towards braces and the treatment involved, it doesn't sound as though you are ready to committ to all that is involved or ready to help yourself at this time in your life. With hindsight on my part, you will no doubt regret your decision in years to come. But perhaps in your case you should wait a few more years until you have matured and are ready to take the responsibilty of what is involved. If you do decide to proceed with your treatment, then I wish you good luck. It would be useful if you were to ask more questions at your appointments as well to understand your full treatment plan. I hope my comments help. The other members of the board are being very constructive with their posts and I have to say that I totally agree with them all. At the end of the day it is your decision though, we are just giving advice that has been asked for.
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jess214

#34 Post by jess214 »

At first when I read your initial post, I thought, your teeth aren't as bad as other people.. but then I read on and realized that you sound pretty ungrateful for the things that you have.

Did you realize that there's a possibility that your teeth could shift in the future (even the near future, perhaps) into a worse misalignment? A few years ago (maybe around ten?), I didn't think much of my crowding, but my teeth gradually started moving, little by little, to the point where I could actually feel the pressure when it moved. As a kid, I had perfect teeth. They were straight and completely in line. Nine to ten years down the road (I'm 20 now), they were pretty damn crowded, so I decided to use the money that I've earned from part-time jobs - yes I work for my own money while attending university - for the sake of my own dental hygiene. In other words, I'm sacrificing way more than you are. So are a lot of people on this board. You're getting your treatment at no cost (not at the cost of your family or your own expenses anyway) - you should be more than grateful.

If you really don't appreciate what you have, then have them removed. Ranting and b*tching's not going to do anything constructive. And since you asked people on this forum for advice, then don't talk back to them when they're only offering you their perspective of what's good for you. I personally think that braces are definitely worth it - your teeth are not perfect, no offence, which is why you should stick it through the treatment. What's one to two years compared to your entire life? I wish I got braces when I was younger, but the only reason I didn't was because my parents couldn't afford it. Since you're given such a great opportunity, you should take advantage of it now.

And may I ask, why are you so against the idea of getting braces? Is it because you're afraid that it'll make you look nerdier/dorkier, and that other people would make fun of you? Cause honestly, a lot of other people out there (of all ages) have braces - it's not that big of a deal. And if you don't think it's worth it, consider this: years down the road when/if your teeth do shift, would you still think that braces are a waste of time? If you decide to get braces when your teeth are more misaligned, they may take longer. Do you think that is worth it then?

P.S. I'm not much older/younger than you (I'm guessing? Since your parents still have a certain degree of authority over you, enough to force you to get braces anyway) but I really think you should watch your attitude. There are people on this board that are much, much older, and they don't really deserve comments like:
Well then thats your fault for getting a job which makes you stressed.
I hope you die from stress :roll:
Just because you haven't experienced how hard it could get to make money (I'm not referring to summer jobs and the like - I mean money that you earn to pay rent/mortage, bills, living expenses, etc) doesn't mean that you can comment on other people's life choices. Show a little respect.
Last edited by jess214 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
braced w/ ceramic brackets & wire ligs - 28th Nov, 06
debanded! + Essix retainers - 5th Nov, 08

SDFD TSchott

#35 Post by SDFD TSchott »

onedayperfect wrote:I hope your teeth fall out :roll:
As I re-read what went on I have to agree with newmetal, what kind of post was that onedayperfect. How old are you? That is just showing a little immaturity, things like that should just be kept to yourselfs, not here on the forums.

EazyE, I did want to appoligize for some of the stuff that has been said that I'm sure things should of not been said, but the world does have some of the meanest people on the planet and I appoligize that these people are responding the way they are. If your happy with the way your teeth are then get them taken off, but give it some time. There is a time that you think you want them off but if you go through the whole treatment plan you'll be happy down the road that you did it.

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

newmetal

#36 Post by newmetal »

jess214 wrote:At first when I read your initial post, I thought, your teeth aren't as bad as other people.. but then I read on and realized that you sound pretty ungrateful for the things that you have.

Did you realize that there's a possibility that your teeth could shift in the future (even the near future, perhaps) into a worse misalignment? A few years ago (maybe around ten?), I didn't think much of my crowding, but my teeth gradually started moving, little by little, to the point where I could actually feel the pressure when it moved. As a kid, I had perfect teeth. They were straight and completely in line. Nine to ten years down the road (I'm 20 now), they were pretty damn crowded, so I decided to use the money that I've earned from part-time jobs - yes I work for my own money while attending university - for the sake of my own dental hygiene. In other words, I'm sacrificing way more than you are. So are a lot of people on this board. You're getting your treatment at no cost (not at the cost of your family or your own expenses anyway) - you should be more than grateful.

If you really don't appreciate what you have, then have them removed. Ranting and b*tching's not going to do anything constructive. And since you asked people on this forum for advice, then don't talk back to them when they're only offering you their perspective of what's good for you. I personally think that braces are definitely worth it - your teeth are not perfect, no offence, which is why you should stick it through the treatment. What's one to two years compared to your entire life? I wish I got braces when I was younger, but the only reason I didn't was because my parents couldn't afford it. Since you're given such a great opportunity, you should take advantage of it now.

And may I ask, why are you so against the idea of getting braces? Is it because you're afraid that it'll make you look nerdier/dorkier, and that other people would make fun of you? Cause honestly, a lot of other people out there (of all ages) have braces - it's not that big of a deal. And if you don't think it's worth it, consider this: years down the road when/if your teeth do shift, would you still think that braces are a waste of time? If you decide to get braces when your teeth are more misaligned, they may take longer. Do you think that is worth it then?

P.S. I'm not much older/younger than you (I'm guessing? Since your parents still have a certain degree of authority over you, enough to force you to get braces anyway) but I really think you should watch your attitude. There are people on this board that are much, much older, and they don't really deserve comments like:
Just because you haven't experienced how hard it could get to make money (I'm not referring to summer jobs and the like - I mean money that you earn to pay rent/mortage, bills, living expenses, etc) doesn't mean that you can comment on other people's life choices. Show a little respect.
See its posts like this that makes me question peoples intention on joining a brace "support" group. Nothing in that post was constructive, it was just a post full of digs. On this forum no one has authority or importance over anyone, older or younger. If you wanted to offer constructive advice to eazy, you could have gone about it in a more diplomatic fashion and not bought age or work experience into it. You seem guilty of your own preachings im afraid.

newmetal

#37 Post by newmetal »

jess214 wrote:At first when I read your initial post, I thought, your teeth aren't as bad as other people.. but then I read on and realized that you sound pretty ungrateful for the things that you have.

See its posts like this that makes me question peoples intention on joining a brace "support" group. Nothing in that post was constructive, it was just a post full of digs. On this forum no one has authority or importance over anyone, older or younger. If you wanted to offer constructive advice to eazy, you could have gone about it in a more diplomatic fashion and not bought age or work experience into it. You seem guilty of your own preachings im afraid.

jess214

#38 Post by jess214 »

newmetal, maybe my reply came off the wrong way because of the way I typed it under the influence of being annoyed, but here's what I was trying to get across. All I was simply trying to say was that she could've shown a little respect to people that actually work their butts off to pay for their braces. I didn't mean it in the sense that she should respect people that are older. What I was trying to get across was the point that just because EazyE doesn't know how hard some people work to pay for their braces treatment doesn't mean that she can make comments about them.

And naturally, I would assume that it would be the older people on this forum that are the ones that are in the work force doing jobs that "make [them] stressed" and pay for their own treatments entirely on their own. You wouldn't normally assume that a high schooler would need to take up a number of part time jobs to pay for your braces, now would you? Usually people still studying would not have the ability to do so, and that they would get financial help from their parents/the government.

All I was simply trying to say was that she didn't have the right to say it's someone's fault for "getting a job that makes [them] stressed" simply because she's having her treatment paid for by the government, and that she should be grateful of the benefits that she's being given. Once again, I repeat myself that I wasn't telling her to "respect her elders" and that older people have higher authority on this forum. It's a matter of respect to anyone and everyone, regardless of their age or work experience.

jess214

#39 Post by jess214 »

P.S. I believe if you overlook all the annoyance I exuded on my original reply, you'd realize that there was a slight hint of constructive criticism (e.g. me offering EazyE my personal experience and advice). : P

lionfish

#40 Post by lionfish »

Whew...

My advice is soldier on for a couple of months and see how you feel by then. If you're still miserable about having braces, you can always get them off.

EazyE

#41 Post by EazyE »

jess214 wrote:newmetal, maybe my reply came off the wrong way because of the way I typed it under the influence of being annoyed, but here's what I was trying to get across. All I was simply trying to say was that she could've shown a little respect to people that actually work their butts off to pay for their braces. I didn't mean it in the sense that she should respect people that are older. What I was trying to get across was the point that just because EazyE doesn't know how hard some people work to pay for their braces treatment doesn't mean that she can make comments about them.

And naturally, I would assume that it would be the older people on this forum that are the ones that are in the work force doing jobs that "make [them] stressed" and pay for their own treatments entirely on their own. You wouldn't normally assume that a high schooler would need to take up a number of part time jobs to pay for your braces, now would you? Usually people still studying would not have the ability to do so, and that they would get financial help from their parents/the government.

All I was simply trying to say was that she didn't have the right to say it's someone's fault for "getting a job that makes [them] stressed" simply because she's having her treatment paid for by the government, and that she should be grateful of the benefits that she's being given. Once again, I repeat myself that I wasn't telling her to "respect her elders" and that older people have higher authority on this forum. It's a matter of respect to anyone and everyone, regardless of their age or work experience.
He* actually, i'm a guy.

Well this thread has just got ridiculous. I dont care if people have to pay for my braces from a tiny % of their wages. I will have to do the same when im older, so when you put it like that i will be paying for someone else to get braces, just as someone else paid for me to get mine. Its not being ungrateful at all.
Just because some people here are older, it doesnt automatically make you more mature, and it doesnt always make you right. Comments like "i hope your teeth fall out" are the sort of thing i would expect to hear from a 9 year old who has no experience in come back's.

I will probably keep the top brace but might remove the bottom.
One of the round things has come off the tooth which holds the end of the wire. The orthodontist must have tightened it up too much and strained it. It will be over a week before i can get that fixed. They are becoming a hassle already, and ive had them about 36 hours. :roll:

fitchick

#42 Post by fitchick »

You may find that if you keep the top brace and remove the bottom, then your teeth may not align. One thing we need a fair bit of with braces is patience. See if you can persevere a bit longer with it. I'd hate you to look back at this opportunity in years to come and wish you'd stuck it out.
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jenfire

#43 Post by jenfire »

I tend to agree with lionfish. I think you should wait it out a few months and then reassess how you feel about the ortho treatment. If you are still miserable, then you can still get them taken off.
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months

newmetal

#44 Post by newmetal »

Meryaten wrote:Aw folks, leave him alone. He's either too foolhardy to listen to people who know better (his parents, his orthodontist, his dentist, us) or he's a troll trying to stir trouble. Either way, not worth time and effort.
Thats a silly thing to say meryaten, who are you to profess that "us" know better? You dont know the bloke or his situation? The sole decider in getting braces is the person who will be wearing them for the next two years, not the ortho or the parents, the person who can assess their situation best is the person.

Carolinahigh12

#45 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

Wow!! I never knew that "post" can actually turn into a knock-out fight!!!!

EazyE... No one can tell you what you should do about your dental health, only you can be the judge of what is right for you to live with. I guess at this point it is not about who is paying for it, but as to who has to wear them for 2 + years. At first, I thought that you might just be wining about your parents making you get braces., but now it might be something different. Maybe you should talk to your ortho and see about the issues that you are having with your bottom braces. If you get them taken off and want to put them back on, then that should be your choice. I know of some people who gotten their braces taken off because of discomfort, but realized that it was either a "now or never" situation.

I would wear them for about a month and then see how your teeth are changing and shifting, and who knows, you actually might like some of the changes that are happening to your teeth.

Yall be cooll on the site!!! We are here for support, not a beat down
Smile, we are in it together right? :?: