how many teeth do you have left?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dugsmom

#31 Post by dugsmom »

Patricia S. wrote:Dont quote me on this but....

my friend worked as a dental hygenist for a few years and said they had patients come in with NO wisdoms. I would imagine it is possible seeing as they have been removing wisdom teeth for such a long time. I guess that is evolutions for you.

BTW I have 28 had all wisdom's removed. :)
I never had wisdom teeth...wish I had because they could've replaced the 2 bottom 1st molars that were extracted when I was young. It's funny though because every time I get a new dentist (I move a lot), they are always shocked to find out that I never had wisdom teeth...

jf74

#32 Post by jf74 »

That topic reminded me of a question I had

for people who have 24 teeth left ( 4 wisdom teeth, 4 premolars removed ), do you feel a difference when you chew, like you miss something ? or that when you smile your smile is not as wide as it could be since your last molar is closer to the front that a regular person .... or you don't see any difference ?. I am not sure how to explain that. It was one of my worry of having 4 premolars extracted.

My guess is that it don't make really make any difference with either 28 or 24, but who knows ;)

platinum

#33 Post by platinum »

I had mini wisdom teeth. They were a size of 2mmx3mm :)
They never grow out, so they were dug out of my gums.

Lisa65

#34 Post by Lisa65 »

for people who have 24 teeth left ( 4 wisdom teeth, 4 premolars removed ), do you feel a difference when you chew, like you miss something ? or that when you smile your smile is not as wide as it could be since your last molar is closer to the front that a regular person .... or you don't see any difference ?.
I can't remember what it was like before. I had those premolars out when I was 12, and my wisdoms never came through (they were impacted). So I just chew how I chew, if you get me.

Regarding the wideness of the smile, I had a "small" smile because my front teeth were overlapping and my top arch was more of a V shape than a U shape, but it is gradually widening out. I guess it would depend on other factors too like the size of your actual teeth. However huge your smile though, not all your teeth are on display, so as long as you have enough to make a decent arch, your smile should look good.