is anyone else getting braced in june?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dimples

#31 Post by Dimples »

Congrats Meloha!

Your brace day is only 7 days away.

Carolinahigh12

#32 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

Okay you guys, for all my June Brace Buddies, I will be going tomorrow for my final consult with the ortho. I will be reviewing once again my plan of treatment, payment options, and anything else that I can bring to the table:) I am really excited!!! I started on the path of braces back in March. I had so much stuff that I had to get done prior to getting braces put on ( wisdom teeth removal, debridement, cleaning) that I cant beleive that I am almost there. I guess I can say that I am tired of going to a dental appt every week, and it will be nice to only go maybe every 4-8 weeks!! ( it was putting a stain on my vacation time at work:) ). I will keep you guys updated on what happens sometime tomorrow afternoon. I have an appt at 12pm est so I should be able to update following the appointment.
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

Dimples

#33 Post by Dimples »

Good luck carolina!!!

So after your presentation, you are set for braces correct? Can you get them put on the same day?

I go for records this monday.

Carolinahigh12

#34 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

To be honest Dimples, I have no idea. I wish that I could get started but I think I will get spacers if needed. Because the appt is during lunch time, I dont think they would be installing braces tomorrow, but hopefully by Monday, I will be all braced-out. I do know that it is still a go with an Hyrax expander but I hope that I can go ahead and start treatment. I am so excited!!!
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

Dimples

#35 Post by Dimples »

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I read in another thread that you are 27, so am I. :D

keriannecox

My braces are going on on June 1st!!

#36 Post by keriannecox »

Hi, I am very excited that I only have two more days until my braces go on. I am 28 years old and have wanted braces my whole life but no one was able to get them for me as a child/teenager. Now that I am financially sound, I am getting them for myself. June 1st will be the second happiest day of my life (my daughters birth being the happiest of course).

Carolinahigh12

#37 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

Congrats Kerrianne. I hope that your brace journey will be a pleasant one!!! :-)o
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

dojo

#38 Post by dojo »

I hope I'll get mine ASAP too. I had all my cavities solved, the extractions done and I am feeling OK. The day after tomorrow I have an appointment with my orthodontist and I hope I'll either find out when the braces are put or I even have them placed. Weird enough .. can't wait :roll:

So .. if all goes well .. I should be in "chains" on June too

Carolinahigh12

#39 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

well I am sorry to say that I am offically removing myself from the June club. My offical brace day has been set for July 26th :(

You can read about my disappointment in the thread that I started titled " I am starting to get discouraged"
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

jamesh1985

#40 Post by jamesh1985 »

June 6th for me, I got spacers in 2 days ago, and its bugging the %*#@ out of me, I hope braces dont feel this way

21/m

dojo

#41 Post by dojo »

I already posted there too :)

So sorry to hear about this .. well .. I don't know either if I am in the June group or not. Anyway .. in the end it's not such a huge problem. Just enjoy the life before the braces as I am already doing. I feel better and even more beautiful, even if I didn't start aligning my teeth. Just knowing I am preparing for this makes me smile more ;)

Hang on there ... the time will pass and you'll start wearing the "nice thinggy" too ...

I'll be able to tell you all if I am into the June group or not tomorrow ;)

artsyalice

#42 Post by artsyalice »

So, how is everyone doing? I'm getting my braces next Thursday! I can't believe the date is coming up so soon...I don't think it's really going to sink in until they are actually on!

So, how is braced now? How's the experience been so far?

dojo

#43 Post by dojo »

I just came from the doctor and I am not alone :lol:

I got damon braces on my premolars and molars and something whitish (like a braket) on my protruding canine. The rest of the teeth are so far untouched since I am not intending to wear Damon too much. I have to solve some issues with the premolars and molars and then get Invisalign for the rest of the treatment.

It wasn't painful at all .. nice and long ... I have a small feeling of pressure on my teeth plus that the 6 powerchains are not that pleasant (anyway .. my tongue has got some work now :D) ... overall I am very well ... and feeling very important too :roll:

Pixel Witch

#44 Post by Pixel Witch »

artsyalice wrote:So, how is everyone doing? I'm getting my braces next Thursday! I can't believe the date is coming up so soon...I don't think it's really going to sink in until they are actually on!

So, how is braced now? How's the experience been so far?
I'm scheduled for the same day, and I'm so antsy!

Dimples

#45 Post by Dimples »

Hey everyone!
Carolina don't feel bad. Your b-day will be here before you know it. I had my consultation March 30th and I get my braces june 8th.