Molds and a terrible gag reflex!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Laurie

#31 Post by Laurie »

I was told by one of the techs in my ortho's office that the flavoring oil they uses can cause a greater chance of bubbles in the mold which increases your chance of having to redo a mold. SO... that's why my ortho's office doesn't use flavors. That being said I don't know if I'd really want a flavor in that stuff. I think I'm ok with it being plain. Plus they use cold water so it's cold going in your mouth. I think that helps with ye ole gag reflex too.

My first set I ever had done I was JUST getting over the worst stomach bug and I was still quite queasy. Boy, that was interesting! LOL!Image