Your cost for braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Phil098342wq

#31 Post by Phil098342wq »

Cermaic uppers, metal lowers, retainer with fake tooth in a spot where I lost a front tooth all orthos wanted to close the gap with my current teeth, this guy is making room for implant, not inlcuded, but with my retainer I will have a whole smile. Mine is 4,600 US Dollars with no charge for broken lig wires, loose brackets or emergencies.

Laurie

#32 Post by Laurie »

$4850 USD for the whole enchilada (24 monts of treatment). Metal uppers and lowers.

mikecl

#33 Post by mikecl »

Total cost including the impressions etc will be at most £2.5k or USD5k depending on how the FX rate is going. The extra cost for ceramics was £125 per arch (USD250)

Mike
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Upper Ceramic Brace - 11 May 2007
1 Extraction and Lower Ceramic Brace - 13 July 2007
2 x Elastics - 9 April 2008

Story so far...
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... c&start=30

kirjax

#34 Post by kirjax »

I was told to go to a university also bc it's half the cost but when I checked it out it's only about $1,000.00 less (this is metal braces) and the location is in the city which is a hassle to commute to.

I wish insurances would be more willing to help pay for the cost of braces but as an adult they are considered more cosmetic which stinks bc some people over 18 really need it for medical reasons (TMJ etc).

Trust me braces is the last thing I wish I had to spend my money on. I could use a vacation too but I guess that will be put on hold.

Also I chose to finance my treatment outside the dentist bc I have this theory that if you go through the dental office that they will extend your treatment in order for you to make sure you pay all that you owe. Now I know that may not be true everywhere but it sounded like the office said they will not remove the braces until you paid them off. Therefore say your treatment could end at 20 months but you have 24 month payments you either pay the rest you owe or braces stay on!

Atleast by financing it the orthodontist has already been paid and I really have no obligation to them (my obligation is now to the financing company who will want their money but won't be as concerned about when my treatment is over)!

I actually plan to have mine paid off before the 24 months.

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

rallen043

#35 Post by rallen043 »

I am paying around $3,000 to correct a crowding problem on the lowers w/ ceramics. This includes a fixed retainer on the bottom and a top retainer to keep them from moving like the bottoms did (this is round 2 for me). I didn't do any bargain hunting mainly because I feel that that is what got me into this mess the first place (longer story- I will save that for later), and also I am in a small town in west FL and the choices are limited. I do know someone in DC who paid $10,000 for metal uppers and lowers (with whitening and retainers- but still!!), so I felt like I got off OK.

9 days till b-day!!!!

Pixel Witch

#36 Post by Pixel Witch »

Now this I do believe is in a number of contracts. But you're done when you're done. I imagine they'd just ask you to pay the entire balance (however many monthly payments that ended up being) before your debanding appt.
Yes, that's what is in my contract as well, but I don't really have much of a problem with that. My ortho believes I may be out in as little as 18 months, so that leaves me 6 more months of payment plan, but I'll be paying a little extra each month to pare that down :D

ABraces2007

#37 Post by ABraces2007 »

Well, in order not having to leave a patient with braces till everything is paid and not waisting time, my ortho office only let having monthly payments 80% of your treatment time (for example: my estimated treatment time was 24 months and i was let to pay 19 quotes), so, they basicly divide the quantity to pay between the months you can pay them. I also payed off 15% at the beginning, at the middle of my treatment i pay off other 15% and the rest is divided 19quotes of 100€ (about 130USD)

Clairey Fairey

#38 Post by Clairey Fairey »

Mines the same as most the other Brits on here - £3000, I pay £200 by direct debit each month so it will be paid before the braces come off.

Brace was not put on until I paid the first £500 and will not come off until I've paid the full balance!! Quite scary really coz if you do get money troubles your stuck in a brace!!

kirjax

#39 Post by kirjax »

I'm scheduled for 30 payments but my treatment time is 20-24.

I actually have no interest for 24 months. So it works out wonderfully.

And I pay a bit more each month so the following bill is less.

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

manna22

#40 Post by manna22 »

5400.00 for mystiques top/bottom and of course all treatment from start to finish including retainer

laurene

cost

#41 Post by laurene »

My total cost is $7600CDN for six upper ceramics and the rest metal and includes everything from start to finish and after treatment.

MissDiana

#42 Post by MissDiana »

kirjax

I was told to go to a university also bc it's half the cost but when I checked it out it's only about $1,000.00 less (this is metal braces) and the location is in the city which is a hassle to commute to.
I used to go there years ago for all my dental work (when I lived in the city) and let me tell you ... from my experience you did yourself a favor not getting braces there. I'm sure that many people had a great experience there, but they BUTCHERED me on several occasions (like my root canal with no novicane!) Ugh, I sudder just thinking about it ...

ANYway, I'm paying $4,584 (I think) for everything, incuding ceramic uppers, retainers, molds, blah blah blah. Plus, my ortho lets me come in whenever if I want my o-rings changed in between adjustments, and for some reason every time I do that I get a sort of mini-adjustment.

I put $1,500 down, and I'm paying $257 a month for a year.
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

dojo

#43 Post by dojo »

My treatment is 3500 Euros (damon braces in the first months then Invisalign for the rest of the treatment). 20 months at least in the treatment

adrienne

#44 Post by adrienne »

Mine is about $38,000 HKD ($4,750 USD) which includes my expander and ceramic braces (which were $4,000HKD .. $500USD more) and retainers ..
And this is for a 15 year old! Luckily my mom's paying :lol:
;ADRIENNE
RPE for one month: 45 turns
quad-helix, lingual arch
ceramic braces for 18 months

braces off!

breda206

#45 Post by breda206 »

Consultation cost €80 (€50 for exam and €30 for 1 x-ray) then records appointment cost €450 then a down payment of €600 when braces are put on and the balance of €2,900 is paid in 20 monthly payments, thats €145 a month.

Overall that costs €4030. I think they're just traditional metal braces, he never mentioned ceramics, so I think they're all metal. Oh yeah that quote covers all appointments including retainers no matter what amount of time it'll take. I'm meant to get one tooth extracted but don't know if that's covered though, must sort that out.

I'm paying for it all out of my own pocket, no insurance.

(just editing as I forgot to say how much that was in dollars, well at today's rate it is $5411.72)
Last edited by breda206 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.