Lets Talk Dollar Signs

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

samantha_lou

#31 Post by samantha_lou »

My entire treatment was covered by my insurance at a co-pay cost of $2500.

For that, I've had twp RPE devices (still wearing the second one), full braces (upper ceramics at no extra cost) and retainers will be included. I have to pay $15 for every office visit, plus $75 every quarter in insurance premiums.

PARR

#32 Post by PARR »

we are paying a lot for a board certified orthodontist with years of experience my 24 months in GAC Inovation R self ligating gear with headgear etc will come to about $5500. chef will pay more for closer to 36 months and a tpa thingy and lots of elastics and who knows what else, $6300. this was a bargain deal with 75% up front paid. we do not have orthodontic riders on our insurance never imagining we would be doing this. even if we did, it would be a break even event.

breal87

#33 Post by breal87 »

mine came to a total of $3,748 my insurance through Aetna paid $1000 of it so my total came to $2,748 which includes hawley retainers and retainer adjustments for 1 year. I pay $159 per month interest free im located in the Washington D.C. area

Test

married2abuckeye

#34 Post by married2abuckeye »

My total was $5,200 USD plus the imaging (x-rays) in the beginning. Insurance covered a big fat 0 :-=

I have never had any insurance that offered any coverage for adult orthodontics. What types of insurance do you other US residents have that pays toward this? Just wondering...

Follow my metal-mouthed journey here

Miss Smiley

#35 Post by Miss Smiley »

I think I paid $4,700USD for 30-36 months of upper and lower clear braces treatment with my consult, records and xrays included. I didn't have any insurance at the time when I started treatment. The insurance I have now doesn't cover me with ortho anyhow so bleh.
Retainer checks are included and I believe the retainers are included it will be a lower bonded and then he'll give me hawleys or essix type full upper and lower. I think it will be hawleys because the people who were coming in for 1 week retainer appointments had all gotten hawleys. They haven't charged me for any broken brackets yet, but I think after 5 or 8 they charge.
Last edited by Miss Smiley on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

ljandersmith

#36 Post by ljandersmith »

4800.00 (usd)
22 months.
6 ceramics, the rest metal.

I took out a loan, so after interest it will be 6000 :(

juyster

#37 Post by juyster »

new to this.
MELBOURNE SOUTH EAST AREA, AUSTRALIA.

ORTHO CONSULTATION - $40.00
STUDY MODELS - $65.00
INTRA ORAL PHOTOGRAPHS - $25.00
EXTRA ORAL PHOTOGRAPHS - $20.00
CEPHALOMETRIC ANALYSIS - $40.00
X RAYS - BULK BILLED
ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT - $5500.00 (METAL TOP AND BOTTOM APROX 24 MONTHS)
ORAL SURGEON CONSULTATION - $80.00
SURGERY ONLY - $1400.00 (4 WISDOM, 2 OTHER)
HOSPITAL STAY (1DAY) - $626.00
ANAESTHETIC (GENERAL SEDATION) - $420
PHARMACY AFTERCARE
MERSYNDOL - $9.95
VOLTAREN - $7.55
METROGYL - $9.45

ALL IN ALL $8242.95AU OUT OF POCKET! WOO HOO