Your first impressions when you got braces...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kimbo416

#31 Post by Kimbo416 »

I got my braces on about an hour ago (ceramic uppers and lower). When I first saw myself I was kinda scared but even before that the biggest scare was when he removed the lip holder things and I ran my tongue over the brackets for the first time. H-U-G-E!!! The tension of the wire being put on made it very real that I finally had braces on lol

As soon as I got home I couldn't stop looking at my teeth in the mirror. I took some photos and felt much better about my new look. Laughing with my friends is helping a lot. Very, very happy.

tinkerbelle216

#32 Post by tinkerbelle216 »

I just got my braces on a few hours ago (Damons on top and bottom) and I was almost ready to cry when the assistant showed me my teeth but I got used to it. I can't stop smiling at myself in the mirror. I actually don't mind they way they look. I'm currently trying to eat some chicken ramen noodles. My teeth actually feel heavier and I was amazed at how fast my teeth started to move.

KatieGee

#33 Post by KatieGee »

pink frost i just realised that we were braced one day apart and we both had our uppers braced first. Were you given an indication of when your lowers will be braced? I was told between 4-6 months from now for mine due to my overbite. I have what I think is severe crowding on my lower row and I'm so anxious to get the lower row braced. My estimated treatment time is 18 months.

symphonix

#34 Post by symphonix »

I just got mine done a couple of hours ago. My thoughts are as follow:

Did she put them on correctly?
I am looking at her before and after book and some of these people's teeth are not that good in the after photos....Did I choose the right ortho?

I am basically scared that I wont get the results I want...

cosmo

#35 Post by cosmo »

I was actuallyr eally happy afer getting my upper braces on. I had sushi with my mom before the pain would kick in and I couldn't eat a thing. It felt weird and I couldn't stop looking at them. My younger sis just got her's off so I asked her a billion questions and on the first night i remember saying, Isee a difference lol. i probably didn't but i felt it. I remember flossing the first night with i think was oral threaders and they were the worst. they tore and got stuck in my bracket my mom had to cut it for me it was horrid.

two weeks later i went for my uppers and it was soup for a 1 1/2 after that. They put molar build up which felt horrible until the second week. Ont he second day of being fully braced i looked at myself in the mirror and cried so much (30 mins) I was so sad and was having regrets. the wire was going up and down and up and down and it was so noticiable that my teeth were crooked. I also think it was that time of the month because i haven't cried like that since then lol. now that i am finally seeing a change i really don't mind them. I am eating normal foods now. I can't bite into anything i have to tear everything apart and then eat it.

My Brace Story:
http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
1st Adjustment: 6/12/10-wire .014, top n bottom

follow my blog @ http://www.honneyinthesun.com

1fifthmiles

#36 Post by 1fifthmiles »

Dont worry! The first time i put on braces, i felt that the brackets were sharp and i have difficult closing my mouth. && i would constantly brush my teeth diligently so that they would move faster! I like it when they are all shiny and clean! Plus, i can get to choose colours of the brackets which are really cool! Hope you'll enjoy your braces!