Brushing at work?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

belistic10

Re: Brushing at work?

#31 Post by belistic10 »

thats great your workplace is so supportive :) would make it alot easier on you and if they understand you may be a little late after lunch due to time it takes brushing etc even better :)

BracedSurgeryStudent

#32 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

belistic10 wrote:thats great your workplace is so supportive :) would make it alot easier on you and if they understand you may be a little late after lunch due to time it takes brushing etc even better :)
Most definately especially since my teeth have been hurting a lot I buy the prepared soft dinners cook them in break and eat them, instead of eating something semi harder from the bake shop thats all ready to eat and they know I brush my teeth :)
Jenn Medeiros

shekhinak

#33 Post by shekhinak »

At first I felt very awkward, but after a while I didn't feel quite so sheepish about having to brush at work. There isn't much choice in the matter, as you really have to brush, but pretty quickly you catch on that coworkers don't seem to mind or say anything.

I had to go on a business trip three weeks after the braces were put on, and I had to find places to brush in several different airports. I was able to find some relatively quiet rest rooms, but I just didn't pay attention to anyone who happened to walk in. Besides, what's the likelihood that I'll ever see that same person ever again? :lol:

msh

#34 Post by msh »

I find brushing at work way less awkward than in a restaurant or something. Several coworkers who don't even have braces also brush their teeth at work so its perfectly normal.

crooked rory

#35 Post by crooked rory »

I pretty regularly brush my teeth at work, which is often times the vanity or rearview mirror in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I am sure passerbys may find it weird, but that does not bother me. I am a field engineer at a sewer department, so I am very often away from the office inspecting the work done by our contractors. I can't just drive a government vehicle back to the office every time I need to brush. I brush several times a week there. I also use the office bathroom to brush, but it is normal there for people to do that. I am not the only one to do it, and I sometimes even shave there too. We even have a shower there :)