how long do you brush your teeth?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sirwired

Re: how long do you brush your teeth?

#31 Post by sirwired »

what is a Waterpik please :?: Can anyone recommend a website to get these from in Australia ? Are they plug in or battery ? Portable or something that has to be done over a sink ? ALso I havent seen the brand Glide for floss in Australia , I just have awful floss that cuts the side of my lips and shreds and gets stuck all over the place . :(
"Waterpik" is a US brand name for an oral irrigator; it's a device that shoots a stream of pressurized water at your teeth in order to knock gunk loose.

Some Googling turned up a reasonably-priced model sold in Australia: http://www.h2ofloss.com.au/ This looks suspiciously like an older model of the WaterPik sold here, and the attachments look identical. The current WaterPik model is available from http://www.waterpik.com.au , but frankly the price is awful; that's more than triple the US price.

Pana-Sonic makes an excellent portable model that runs on two AA's (the WaterPik models are countertop units), the EW-DJ10-A, but you may have to find somebody to ship one to you.

No matter what you use, they are designed to be used over a sink; they make a real mess...

Alas, Glide Floss does not appear to be sold in Australia through the regular channels, but I did find a source for you: http://www.biovea.com/au/product_detail ... 392&OS=204 It's not the handy built-in-threader floss, but you'll find it to be much more co-operative than standard floss; you'll just need to supplement it with a floss threader.

Jano

#32 Post by Jano »

thanks sirwired :-1 , for putting me onto those leads .. I will check them out and see what I can get hold of .
As for how long I spend cleaning my teeth I timed it last night and its 24 minutes from walking into the bathroom to walking out . most of that time is spent trying to grapple with the floss !

TheChico

#33 Post by TheChico »

about 3 minutes over here. But then you gotta floss and stuff so it all takes some time :)