How aften are your adjustments?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AHopewell

Re: How aften are your adjustments?

#31 Post by AHopewell »

Most of mine have been 3-4. I remember one that was 5 and it killed me lol.

Tyrantblade

#32 Post by Tyrantblade »

Well idk how long it will be from my first adjustment to the second as i haven't had my first yet, but my first is 3 months after i got braces, 2 months ago, so ive got 1month until my first adjustment
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

DrJasonKTam

#33 Post by DrJasonKTam »

We generally go about every 8 weeks for adjustments. Generally, this works well with good materials that will not fatigue before the next visit. The biggest example is power chain. Certain brands will retain their elasticity whereas others will lose tension very quickly.
Dr. Jason Tam
Toronto Invisalign, Scarborough braces, and Markham Orthodontist
Diamond Plus Invisalign Provider
Thrice Published in the Invisalign Case Gallery

http://www.mcosmiles.com

Learn all about Toronto Invisalign at http://www.torontobraces.ca.

Before and After Invisalign Video 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNTVxoTQqR8
Before and After Invisalign Video 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywcwlyL-sg8

NapalmKitty

#34 Post by NapalmKitty »

I see my orthodontist every three months. I asked them why so spaced out and they said they wanted to give the teeth time to settle to avoid damage, and something about having a smart wire.

bb2015

#35 Post by bb2015 »

My Ortho told me to come in every 8 weeks for adjustment.

overthewater

#36 Post by overthewater »

Most of mine are 5 weeks apart (there is one weekday that is particularly convenient) but they usually aim for exactly a month. Any longer than that feels too long and the clear ligatures get so stained :(

metalat40

#37 Post by metalat40 »

Every 3 weeks. I had 4 teeth removed (very tiny mouth), and he's been very aggressive at moving other teeth to close spaces. I'm 22 months in and getting closer...

ZiziOConnor

#38 Post by ZiziOConnor »

Gap between installation and first adjustment is 10 weeks. But I have self-ligating brackets (like damon).

sergiobanks001

#39 Post by sergiobanks001 »

brooks wrote:My first adjustment is 10 weeks from my banding date. Looks like mine is the furthest away so far!
My first adjustment is 10 weeks from banding too.

straightteeth

#40 Post by straightteeth »

Every 6 weeks! but I believe the time varies depending on the type of braces you have. With traditional braces, adjustments are every 4-6 weeks. For self-ligating braces, they're every 6-8 weeks. There are probably exceptions though, though I'm not sure what. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

EWUgal15

#41 Post by EWUgal15 »

straightteeth wrote:Every 6 weeks! but I believe the time varies depending on the type of braces you have. With traditional braces, adjustments are every 4-6 weeks. For self-ligating braces, they're every 6-8 weeks. There are probably exceptions though, though I'm not sure what. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
I have traditional braces. At first my adjustments were every 6-8 weeks, but I tried for every 6 because I enjoy going to the orthodontist. When I got power chains, my adjustments were every 4 weeks. I had my last adjustment before surgery last week and now I don't go back for another adjustment for at least 8 weeks, maybe more depending on what my surgeon says. But I will have weekly check ins with the orthodontist when I have my post op appointments with my surgeon...

There are definitely exceptions, it just depends on your treatment plan!

MissMaree

#42 Post by MissMaree »

My first adjustment is scheduled for 7 weeks after banding date. I am only 2 weeks in and counting down the days (can't wait to see some progress)!