Worst foods to eat with braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NeilH

Re: Worst foods to eat with braces

#31 Post by NeilH »

Oatcakes, they take on the consistency of cement once eaten. Rocket, not the best look. Fibrous fruit such as peaches and bananas as they get wrapped around the wires and brackets. Curry, turn the elastics a horrible shade of yellow.

EWUgal15

#32 Post by EWUgal15 »

WiredWeaver wrote:So far, it's been udon noodles that've been the worst! They feel like worms stuck in my arch wire! Bleh!
I have developed a new thing: I call it The Phantom Noodle Effect. It's when you think you have a piece of noodle stuck between your brackets, but you really don't. Even after you go check the mirror and clean the spot, you still feel like there's a piece of noodle stuck in there.

WiredWeaver

#33 Post by WiredWeaver »

EWUgal15 wrote:I have developed a new thing: I call it The Phantom Noodle Effect. It's when you think you have a piece of noodle stuck between your brackets, but you really don't. Even after you go check the mirror and clean the spot, you still feel like there's a piece of noodle stuck in there.
Lol! Yeah, that sounds about right. In my case, it's any kind of bread product, which sucks because I want to eat ALL THE BREAD.

MrPlenty

#34 Post by MrPlenty »

None. I eat it all. Swish some water around and I'm good. Clean Braces. Damon FTW!