You are Obsessed!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jennielee81

#31 Post by jennielee81 »

metalmouthdramalicious wrote:
jenns91civic wrote:Side note...in the Charlie and the Chocolate factory movie, Willy Wonka has flashbacks to his childhood and he has braces and this horrible looking headgear. His dad, played by Christopher Lee, is a dentist and burns all the halloween candy, making comments like "caramel...to get stuck in your braces. lollipops: cavity on a stick" It was too funny, especially for a teeth obsessed person like me.
I saw that movie this afternoon, and his teeth looked straight, but his bite looked weird and his teeth were eerily white. :shock:
I've seen his real teeth before, and he MUST either have dentures or veneers in the movie. :lol:
[/quote]

I read in Entertainment Weekly that he would spit out his "dentures" and an assistant would put them into a zip-lock baggie for him when he ate.

I tried not to stare at his teeth throughout the movie (though it was HARD) because I was sure my family could tell that I was staring. :oops:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

braceface53

#32 Post by braceface53 »

Geez. . .I thought I was the only obsessed one. . .and I don't even have my braces yet!!!! (2 more days) But when I have them, I'll be even more obsessed!!! :lol:

BracesAt42

Yep, Count Me In...

#33 Post by BracesAt42 »

Yes, I definitely notice peoples' teeth especially now that I have been through braces.

I always wonder if they have already done braces or if they were born with a nice smile. On the other hand, I constantly see people who have bad teeth and think "e gads...do something about it."

I think what strikes me the most (and I was guilty of this before I got braced) is that many people seem to care a lot about their appearance, will wear nice stylish clothes, nice haircut, expensive jewelry, etc, but when they open their mouth -- e gads -- teeth all over the place. I think they fail to see the importance of the "whole package."

No matter how awesome your outfit, how hot your body, how fabulous your haircut, people really do notice bad teeth!

I often think to myself, wow, in just 18 months that person could have a great smile and would truly be a "great package."

Yep, I am obsessed now. :D
Yep, Braces at Age 42!
Damon 2's
Braces On: 9-18-2003
Braces Off: 7-13-2005

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

Re: Yep, Count Me In...

#34 Post by nahky »

BracesAt42 wrote:Yes, I definitely notice peoples' teeth especially now that I have been through braces.

I always wonder if they have already done braces or if they were born with a nice smile. On the other hand, I constantly see people who have bad teeth and think "e gads...do something about it."

I think what strikes me the most (and I was guilty of this before I got braced) is that many people seem to care a lot about their appearance, will wear nice stylish clothes, nice haircut, expensive jewelry, etc, but when they open their mouth -- e gads -- teeth all over the place. I think they fail to see the importance of the "whole package."

No matter how awesome your outfit, how hot your body, how fabulous your haircut, people really do notice bad teeth!

I often think to myself, wow, in just 18 months that person could have a great smile and would truly be a "great package."

Yep, I am obsessed now. :D
Im still obsessed to a certain degree now. I can't help but look slightly down upon people with bad teeth. But if i find out they are getting braces to improve themself, i dont care what their teeth look like because it will end up looking nice sooner or later.

Its just an eyesore to see someone with messed up teeth, and imagining their bad hygeine and the food getting caught in awkward spots.

Do you guys rekcon this is superficial of me? .... and even hypercritical? Because before i had braces, i only had a gap in the front of my top teeth, that was basically it.
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

smilezofmetal2

#35 Post by smilezofmetal2 »

I am definitely obsessed with braces i am consently on this site...and when ever someone is coming into the room i have to hide the page just to avoid someone saying "you are always on that page, you are so obsessed" :lol:

Nikkiekoala

#36 Post by Nikkiekoala »

Ya, I think you are being a little critical. A lot of people just can't afford treatment. That was me for a long time....really hated my teeth but there wasn't anything I could do about it. For some people fixing their teeth just isn't a priority, raising their children, career, taking care of elder parents LIFE etc. is their priority. Life is much bigger than having perfect teeth. If it is something that you want and can do and is a priority than good for you!! But don't look down on those who chose not to or can't or have other priorities.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

smilezofmetal2

#37 Post by smilezofmetal2 »

I am definitely obsessed with braces i am consently on this site...and when ever someone is coming into the room i have to hide the page just to avoid someone saying "you are always on that page, you are so obsessed" :lol:

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#38 Post by nahky »

Nikkiekoala wrote:Ya, I think you are being a little critical. A lot of people just can't afford treatment. That was me for a long time....really hated my teeth but there wasn't anything I could do about it. For some people fixing their teeth just isn't a priority, raising their children, career, taking care of elder parents LIFE etc. is their priority. Life is much bigger than having perfect teeth. If it is something that you want and can do and is a priority than good for you!! But don't look down on those who chose not to or can't or have other priorities.
Yeah i know what you mean, but i'm more inclined to think this way about people in my age range. Im 17, and i have gotten a part time job so i can pay for my braces, im going through the effort. I can understand older people have other commitments finacially.

I can't help but cringe when i see a set of REALLy bad teeth, like from a horror movie... and its even worse when their teeth is yellow and unclean looking...even more worse when you see food particles stuck in their teeth. This is childish of me i know but its something i cannot help but feel.

But i definately understand at times, one cannot afford such items as braces, which is fair enough.
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

Grapefruit

#39 Post by Grapefruit »

HAHA! I do this ALL THE TIME! My brothers are like, "all you care about is teeth, get a life!" lol

thats tru, I notice ppl's teeth way more now hopefully this 'disease' will go away after these babies come off!
--i luv sports.......and shoes--

hannah164

#40 Post by hannah164 »

I am definitely obsessed with other peoples smiles. I am on this site way too often and I always have to hide when my family walks in. I check my smile for progress a lot too.

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Grapefruit

#41 Post by Grapefruit »

KK wrote:
Never judge someone unless you've spent time in their shoes!
I love you Karen!! You ROCK!! :D :rawk:

You're so considerate, you and evelyn are probably the only ppl who supported me with my 'attempt' at teaching ppl about islam, thinking they wouldn't be like the ppl at school or on TV, but my plan totally backfired! Now, after that whole, um, 'attempt' they probably think i am a crazy muslim fanatic now... :cry:

BUT, YOU were there to help me up after all those ppl bashed me and my religion which was very hurtful...YOU replied first to nearly all of my posts, YOU with ur awesome purple streaks and purple ligs. YOU always bold and highlight the person's name, which no one does! YOU are soo nice and I feel like I kno u, like YOU can just comfort me anytime I feel bad....YOU have become my friend! :HugeGrin:

hehe, thanx for everything KAREN!
Last edited by Grapefruit on Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--i luv sports.......and shoes--

MadeIn1984

#42 Post by MadeIn1984 »

nahky wrote:
I can't help but cringe when i see a set of REALLy bad teeth, like from a horror movie... and its even worse when their teeth is yellow and unclean looking...even more worse when you see food particles stuck in their teeth. This is childish of me i know but its something i cannot help but feel.
nahky, I feel the same exact way. Seriously, it makes my stomach churn when I see a set of decayed/contorted/icky teeth. I actually feel like throwing up. I know that sounds awful, but I can't help it! :oops:

But I do find people who get braces commendable for their acts. And I also understand those who can't due to other financial ties.
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

David

#43 Post by David »

PS I thought after I'd written one of my favourite quotes ... that I should change it to ... never judge someone unless you've spent time in their feet ... since I don't like shoes! lol
My signature says it all, Karen :wink:

Svensk Tiger

#44 Post by Svensk Tiger »

Karen and David, you're so right. It's an important lesson to learn and shows a lot of maturity. I used to be quite judgemental as a teenager (many are!) but at the grand old age of 25 I like to think that I would definitely apply your mottos before making any rash judgements :)

On a lighter note: I am also obsessed with teeth! Mostly my own although I do notice others and try to work out what is right/wrong, aligned/not aligned. I'm particularly interested in jaws as I'm having quite a lot of work done on mine. I find the whole thing fascinating actually and I am constantly looking in the mirror and pointing out any new changes to my fiance, who thinks I'm crazy!

flyboic89

Re: You are Obsessed!

#45 Post by flyboic89 »

I dont even have my braces yet & Im SO obsessed! Like for the past two weeks I wake up & go to sleep surfing the internet on some type of braces related question or topics! Lol I have about 2 more weeks b4 I get my braces put on & this 2 weeks couldn't come faster! I cant wait to start my journey to a healthier smile & join the awesome family of brace faces! :-)