do YOU feel MORE attractive in braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Retrogirl82

#31 Post by Retrogirl82 »

When I first got my braces on ( I have ceramics on top, metal lowers ), I absolutely wanted to die-- I was so mortified about how they looked and I was afraid that everyone was going to notice them ( although their claim to fame is that they are virtually invisible....pfft ). However, as the wire straightened out, I became less self-conscious about it and started smiling a lot wider.

The answer to your question is "NO", however....Although I do like how straight my teeth have become, the braces are still ugly as sin. Sometimes I wish I had just gotten all metals to begin with :lol:
I'm gonna marry Jake Gyllenhaal...he just doesn't know it yet ;) :)

LiveWire

#32 Post by LiveWire »

Yes and no...Right now - being braced for only 2 days - without an archwire in...no. I feel like everyone is thinking --how come all those brackets are all crooked?? That is certainly what I thought when I looked in the mirror :lol:

But from a distance they don't look so crooked and I get an idea of what I will look like with my archwire and when they start to straighten out a bit...so there is my yes...In fact, there is something somewhat sexy or attractive about it...I am not sure if it is just the lipgloss showing off my lips or what, but my hubby has said so. :)

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

dressed2killl

#33 Post by dressed2killl »

I look young period. I'm almost 22, but apparently I dont even look 18 (since I get carded for things you only have to be 18 for). I feel much better about myself having braces. At first it was really hard for me to get used to. I felt like I was the only adult on the planet with braces and I was a lil embarrased to laugh or smile. But now, since my teeth are pretty much straight, I feel so much more confident. I am lookng forward to the day they are removed tho!

LiveWire

#34 Post by LiveWire »

I know what you mean...I just got braced last week and it is hard when you are talking and people just stare at your mouth and not your eyes...it is a little difficult at first but I am sure that I will get used to that ....

I can't wait for my teeth to straighten too....but I am very happy to be beginning my journey...even though I look at little funny! :lol:

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)