When your lips are completely relaxed, do they touch?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ambrosia80

Re: When your lips are completely relaxed, do they touch?

#31 Post by Ambrosia80 »

Mine did not before braces (overjet), and now my braces keep them from touching when relaxed. I'm looking forward to seeing how easy it will be after braces come off!
Damon braces- ceramic uppers, metal lowers

sentence: 15-18 months (Sept.-Dec. 2014)

oimysizex

#32 Post by oimysizex »

i have an underbite, i CAN close my lips but when im 'relaxed' they spring right back open without me realising so sometimes it looks like im gorping lol.

Been in braces foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

rocco11510

#33 Post by rocco11510 »

My lips touch together fine when relaxed. They did before I had braces and they do now while I have braces. I guess everyone is different.

Bracefacebecca24

#34 Post by Bracefacebecca24 »

Mine close but they always have..

hocuspocus

#35 Post by hocuspocus »

For the first few weeks they didn't touch when my lips were relaxed, but now they do.