Does anyone feel more tired now?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Flora2006

#31 Post by Flora2006 »

michelle85 wrote:I think the lack of energy is because I'm not eating what I should. My diet is pretty limited (a lot of that is because I don't want to eat something that's going to take me forever to clean out). When I take vitamins and iron supplements I feel much better.
I completely agree with you. I sleep so much more now...if I can. I'm always tired and have less energy. I talk less as well just because I find that talking gets my mouth tired.

It's annoying because when I work...I go up to 10 hours without eating anything because there is just no time...(we don't get breaks...we can take a really short one whenever we want...but nothing too long) and then when I get home I'm just too tired to eat and all I want to do is sleep...

How annoying!!! lol At least those braces will really be worthwhile at the end! ;)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

akabraces

#32 Post by akabraces »

I don't feel any more tired...still have lots of energy : )

*aka

susieq182

#33 Post by susieq182 »

I totally agree! I have been feeling more tired since getting braces. We have to remember that in a way braces are injuring our mouths its only natural for the body to react the way it does when we are hurt we do the best healing while we sleep. The body craves what it needs. it also depends on the time of month I get my adjustments.
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

texasangel

#34 Post by texasangel »

I have always felt tired probably since I was 30 (I am 44 now), but I think it is because of my sinuses and allergies, but the braces have definitely put a strain on me too. My ears have been ringing/buzzing since last June and that is driving me nuts too. I'm hoping that when the braces come off the ringing ears will go away.
I agree, the constant moving and tightness of our teeth make us tired . . . so hey LET'S ALL TAKE A NAP !!!!!! :-Z Yeah !!!!!
Braced on 1/10/05 - full metal- woo hoo!!
Braces coming OFF 5/31/06 !!!

lionfish

#35 Post by lionfish »

I'm one of those who's not been affected by braces. I still have plenty of energy. Probably because I eat so darned well! And exercise a lot.

Stewed calamari for dinner.......ah.....sorry, KK, I know you're a vego, but it is really nice, swimming in onion, garlic and tomato, with a touch of chili and fresh lemongrass....yum.

I live to eat.

lionfish

#36 Post by lionfish »

I'll drink to that.

Your kumara et al curry sounds pretty divine. And I love couscous. And laksa...

I'm off now to cook dinner. See ya.