what's the cost of your braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ellabelle

Re: what's the cost of your braces?

#331 Post by Ellabelle »

1. Wisconsin
2. $3000 (would've been $5800 but I got discounts for a.m-only appointments, the ortho's anniversary special, and a small discount for having dental insurance, though it doesn't cover ortho).
3. Metal uppers and lowers (synergy)
4. 2 years

junglejulie

#332 Post by junglejulie »

I have aetna DMO... I am anticipating that they will cover 50%. Anyone have any experience with this insurance?

Getting rid of my diastema, finally

mollyluise

#333 Post by mollyluise »

1. Where are you located? Ortho is in Mesa, Arizona and I live a few miles away in Scottsdale, Arizona.
2. How much are you paying for your braces? Total fee would have been $6100 but I got a family discount since ortho is my cousin
3. What kind of braces do you have? (ceramic, metal) In-Ovation C ceramic uppers, will have metal lowers
4. What is your estimated time in braces? 16-18 months

30 years old, In-Ovation C, estimated 16-18 months :)

NICURN85

#334 Post by NICURN85 »

Ellabelle wrote:1. Wisconsin
2. $3000 (would've been $5800 but I got discounts for a.m-only appointments, the ortho's anniversary special, and a small discount for having dental insurance, though it doesn't cover ortho).
3. Metal uppers and lowers (synergy)
4. 2 years
Wow that's great you get a discount for having am appointments. I wish my ortho did that. Is there a reason your ortho has that discount? (Im going to guess because a lot of parents try to have their kids appointments in the evening after school) I always have a morning appointment because I work night shift and usually go in right after work.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

maipinkheart

#335 Post by maipinkheart »

1. Location: San Diego, CA USA but ortho is across the border in a one-man private practice SPAM, Mexico.
2. Cost of braces: US $4015-$4115
Breakdown:
$0 consultation
$600 down + $2560 (32 adjustment payments at $80 each and included a palate expander I ended up not needing :P)
$266 (4 bicuspid extractions and 1 impacted molar extraction thanks to a friend's discount)
$129 (x-rays and records)
$360 (1 cleaning and 8 fillings -_-;)
For a total of $3915, retainers not included which will be ~$100 (Essix) or ~$200 (Harley).
Best money ever spent!
3. Type of braces: traditional metal for uppers and lowers.
4. Estimated time in braces: 3-3.5 years

30withbraces

#336 Post by 30withbraces »

1. Australia
2. $7000 - $2600 approx. covered by health insurance
3. Ceramics upper and lower
4. 18 months (hopefully)
Heather. Wife, mother and 30yr old with braces :)
Sentenced to 18 months (approx May 2014)

Missers73

#337 Post by Missers73 »

1. Where are you located? East Central Florida
2. How much are you paying for your braces? $5800, with $1,000 being covered by insurance.
3. What kind of braces do you have? Don't have them yet (Thursday). Ceramic uppers, metal lowers.
4. What is your estimated time in braces? 24 months

Ellabelle

#338 Post by Ellabelle »

NICURN85 wrote: Wow that's great you get a discount for having am appointments. I wish my ortho did that. Is there a reason your ortho has that discount? (Im going to guess because a lot of parents try to have their kids appointments in the evening after school) I always have a morning appointment because I work night shift and usually go in right after work.
The am-only appointment discount is $1000! Yes, since 3/4 of their clients are kids, there is high demand for after school appointments. Morning works so much better for me with my work schedule, so it's a win-win.

Zaera

#339 Post by Zaera »

1. Where are you located? Maryland
2. How much are you paying for your braces? $6400 USD
3. What kind of braces do you have? Damon metal (self-ligating) on top and bottom
4. What is your estimated time in braces? 24 Months

My braces were originally going to be about $6900. My insurance only covers orthodontia up to 19 years old, but having coverage knocked $500 off of my bill. It also would have been about $600 cheaper if I had gone with traditional braces over the Damon system, but I like the way they look better. There are no ligatures so you get a nice consistent metal color (at least when I don't have power chains). I was also able to fix some of my own issues (wire popping out in the back, etc.) because of the doors that I can open and shut myself. :)

BeautyMonster

#340 Post by BeautyMonster »

Woodbridge, NJ.
$4000 after a $1000 discount from the ortho because the insurance company doesn't cover braces (he's awesome).
Traditional Metal Braces.
Estimated 18-24 months, although he said my case would most likely be around 18 months instead of 24.

rawr101

#341 Post by rawr101 »

1. Where are you located? Central Florida
2. How much are you paying for your braces? ~3800..We thought insurance would cover 25%. Found out that was only if i was <18. Ortho still took 15% off anyways
3. What kind of braces do you have? Metal uppers and lowers
4. What is your estimated time in braces? 24-26 months

Ciara

#342 Post by Ciara »

1. Where are you located? Japan

2. How much are you paying for your braces? about US$8,000-$9,000 depending on the exchange rate. This includes the records appointment the pre and post records appointment consultations, all visits during treatment, a bite plate and post-braces retainer.

3. What kind of braces do you have? Ceramic, metal ties. Haven't got the bottom ones on yet but they too will be ceramic.

4. What is your estimated time in braces? 3 years.

Ciara

Lizzie365

#343 Post by Lizzie365 »

1. Where are you located? England, UK
2. How much are you paying for your braces? £3800
3. What kind of braces do you have? Ceramic upppers (can't remember the type), and metal lowers (not yet put on)
4. What is your estimated time in braces? 18-24 months

Bikerchick85

#344 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Charleston, West Virginia
$6750.00 + $392 for four extractions before braces
Full In-Ovation C Top and Bottom
Time 24 months
Records, retainers, and retainer follow up appointments for 1 year included.

BrandonAZ

#345 Post by BrandonAZ »

1. Gilbert, Arizona
2. $6600
3. In-Ovation Clear top & bottom
4. 24 Months +/- 3 months

Cost also includes progress photos and 1 year retention and retainers