Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mbarbi

#331 Post by mbarbi »

i think ill ask my ortho to put pink ligs next visit :)

mbarbi

#332 Post by mbarbi »

how often do you change ligs??

SnowSara

#333 Post by SnowSara »

Every 8 weeks for me, so the next time is end of may. Should I do green or periwinkle?? OH THE DECISIONS I MUST MAKE :P

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

Naranja

#334 Post by Naranja »

my ortho gives me apointments every 2 weeks so... I can change my ligs then.

I can't find a color that I really like... yet... I'm still looking now i'm wearing a strange combination of green... maybe later I can post a pic

Today is my first month's "aniversary"

PS: sorry my bad english, spanish is my first language

invisagirl

#335 Post by invisagirl »

I decided to go wild (for me) with my very last lig selection in braces (they come off tomorrow :D ) and picked pink and turquoise. Have to say more people have commented on how bright and non-boring they are. In 19 months this was the only selection that got comments.

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

lz

#336 Post by lz »

invisagirl Thats the colors I was thinking of getting they look GREAT! I was thinking of basic green though what do you think?

invisagirl

#337 Post by invisagirl »

lz,

The basic green that my ortho's office had just didn't look right to me so I went with the turqouise. Seems each orthos colors are a bit different so check the basic green with pink at your orthos office and then see what you think.

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

lz

#338 Post by lz »

I'll do that thank you!

SDFD TSchott

#339 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I'm going Metallic Blue at my next adjustment still haven't figured out what color for my lowers any suggestions?

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

skyclad

tim

#340 Post by skyclad »

I think blue and aqua look nice together and not too girly. How dark is the metallic blue you are thinking of?
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath

mhiemstra

#341 Post by mhiemstra »

lea72104 wrote:Image

My first "official" color on my "official" brace day! (i say official because last week i only got spacers and some brackets and today i got everything else!)
OOh! that's what I was thinking of - or red and orange :).

lea72104

#342 Post by lea72104 »

it's pink but red would be pretty awesome! I'm not sure what to do with my next one yet...still have 3 wks to decide!

mhiemstra

#343 Post by mhiemstra »

Well, here they are, my first lig colours. I walked in and my orthodontist just asked straight away "Do you want any colours?" :lol: He found mine interesting - said girls usually went for pink. When I explained to him the reasoning, he had a good laugh. "Mood Ligs" seems to be an appropriate term for mine :)

(edit for spelling error)

bracesafter40

#344 Post by bracesafter40 »

O.K.
I got light blue ligs on Monday after I got a missing bracket replaced.

http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

Girlinterrupted

#345 Post by Girlinterrupted »

Unfortunately I don't have any photos but I've had:

*Just plan silver(my foster mum wouldn't let me get colours)

*Pink and Black alernating (I went to to the ortho on my own and said "I want colours, they're my braces not yours mum lol)

*Orange and Black alternating (ready for Halloween lol)

*Red and black alternating (I had these at my second tightening and now I have them again) :D

Much [[<3]]
-Titch-