Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

skyclad

nice

#361 Post by skyclad »

Is that maroon on top?
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath

cowlypso

#362 Post by cowlypso »

Yup... maroon (or magenta, perhaps) and a teal/turquoise. The teal actually went a little green from something I ate, but I still like it, and it's actually about as dark as the magenta is. I still have trouble getting the colors to come out exactly right...

Actually, right now my teeth sort of remind me of either a watermelon, or Barney...

skyclad

Nice

#363 Post by skyclad »

Your powerchains look very nice but to your barney comment I must say.... :-1 roflmao.

LuvBug26

Lig colors...

#364 Post by LuvBug26 »

Right now i have baby pink on my bottoms...i'm thinking soft purple or baby blue on the tops when they go on in 4 days!! I'll display pics to let you see!!
BTW i am glad to see these pics..let's me know what colors look like when they are actually attached to teeth!!! :P

lemonlyme

#365 Post by lemonlyme »

Purple on top, light blue on bottom..I'm not thrilled..but it's not permanent.

lea72104

#366 Post by lea72104 »

new color from first adjustment.

edited to resize

Amy19

#367 Post by Amy19 »

My new Metallic Blue Ligs, like them but not as nice as pink!

Amy x

[/url]

chrisd

#368 Post by chrisd »

pics of my colors :D
chris
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months

platinum

#369 Post by platinum »

Chrisd:
That is a big collection!
What was your favorite?

LithpingLitha

#370 Post by LithpingLitha »

g[/img]
My new Metallic Blue Ligs, like them but not as nice as pink!

Amy x
I like those too!
22 months in treatment (upper ceramics, gelb on lower arch and then self-ligating brackets), hawley retainers
LithpingLitha's Braces Story

Nawners

#371 Post by Nawners »

Gotta bump this up again!
My favorite so far, turquoise/blue and orange!
~There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus~

skyclad

sorry no pic

#372 Post by skyclad »

I have silver on top and light blue on bottom.

TheShmo

#373 Post by TheShmo »

I went w/ what my ortho's office calls "Screaming Pink"... So far I like it, but I can't help wonder what it will look like in a month when it's all faded. My beautiful metallic purple turned to a sickly plum-grey :FeelSick: in 4 weeks (couldnt bring myself to post the pictures), so I am a bit worried. Guess I'll just enjoy them for now! :-*

tommyfive

#374 Post by tommyfive »

no pics yet...

at my first adjustment (got the bottoms on at the same time) i wanted something other than plain silver ligs, so i looked at the colors available and requested the dark metallic blue. they just heard blue and installed bright (not light) blue.

i was a little self conscious at first, as i didn't want anything quite so bold, but soon got over it as i loved how white they made my teeth look!

sadly, as expected, they have become stained (i drink several cups of coffee each morning and can't brush soon enough to keep them from staining) and now have a flat darkish blue tinged almost dark green. yuck!

next time i will hold up the color i want, and hopefully i'll have a choice with the bottoms (the bumper ligs on my bottom fronts come only in a nasty putty/silver which stains worse than the blue has... :-(

it was fun while it lasted...

t
-tommy
top arch braced 3/21/07
new wire on top 4/19
bottom arch braced 4/19
buccal tube lost on 5/4, replaced on 5/5
new bottom wire on 6/26 (I think)
top & bottom chains (round 1) installed on 7/24 (ouch)

MissDiana

#375 Post by MissDiana »

I'm going for my first adjustment soon and I'm at a total loss as to what color to get for my ceramic uppers (my bottom, metal brackets are wire tied).

I stained the clear ligs within two weeks of getting them on, so I went back and had them swtich them to smoke ... they stained just as quickly (I drink a LOT of coffee and tea, and I'm a smoker).

I think I'll go with silver, but all these pics make me want to go hot pink or bright blue.

Has anyone noticed staining with the silver ligs?