Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LuvBug26

#406 Post by LuvBug26 »

let's try the smaller version so you're not knocked out trying to look at it!!! :gavel:

"To error is human, to forgive is divine."

Meloho

#407 Post by Meloho »

I had decided ages ago that I never wanted to have colored ligatures on my braces, wanting to draw as little attention to them as possible. However, after seeing all the options, I may give some colors a try when I know I have no where really important to go. (Don't want red and pink to go to a wedding or anything...) :D

SnowSara

#408 Post by SnowSara »

Exactly, no one else really cares what colors are on my teeth.
I originally planned on getting clear brackets on top and staying discreet, but after doing some research before getting braced I totally changed my mind. So many cute girls proud of their braces got me thinking I would regret not having some fun with them while I have them. So I went all metal and have been excited about choosing my colors at each adjustment! Even my friend who had clear braces a couple years ago says she wishes she had done what I'm doing, no hassle of trying to prevent stains on clear ligs, showing confidence and just having fun in general!

update: sometimes people do notice - after my last adjustment I did get compliments on the teal, several people said they "brought out my eyes"! On separate occasions, even! My friends are the best, nothing but support ;)

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

LuvBug26

#409 Post by LuvBug26 »

I like my colors..they are much more fun than the plain clear ones!! I don't mind my braces, i'm having fun picking out my colors!! That's about the only reason i look forward to my adjustments, so i can change colors again!!! Why hide 'em........what's that saying..... "if you got it, flaunt it"!! Although probably not talking about braces but hey...whatever floats your boat!!!!!!!! :lol:
I think on my next adjustment b/c it's right before the 4th of July i'm going blue on top with red on bottom!! Can't wait!!! :dance:
I have clear ceramic on top and metal on bottom...when i first got them on my ortho was suprised that i wanted colored ligs on the top but i told him that i plan on having fun with my braces!!! :HugeGrin:
By the way does anyone know where you can go online to order your own lig colors? I want to see if i can find some cool colors to take to my ortho and use!!! :-*

platinum

#410 Post by platinum »

I chose lavendar ligs last time. I had pink ones twice, but they tend to discolor easily, the end results being orange.

Here are my lavender ligs:

I wonder how they look after 7 seven weeks :)

Laurie

#411 Post by Laurie »

Camouflage

tipstar

#412 Post by tipstar »

Right now I have cranberry with sparkle. Sorry I can't get a stinking pic up.

LuvBug26

#413 Post by LuvBug26 »

tipstar how did you get sparkle ligs? does your ortho have them or did you order them off line? Does anyone know where to order ligs off line from? I'd like to get some sparkle ones!!! :D

bracesafter40

#414 Post by bracesafter40 »

Right now I have cranberry with sparkle. Sorry I can't get a stinking pic up.
come on, get a pic, we wanna see...
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

Meloho

#415 Post by Meloho »

Camouflage
This is so cool! My dad would love these, if he ever got braces...but I doubt it at his age.

Laurie

#416 Post by Laurie »

LOL! Thanks! I was wanting to do something "different".

SnowSara

#417 Post by SnowSara »

My ortho has a couple sparkle options, one of them being a nice indigo color, which I think I'll do next time! Don't know about ordering them online, maybe ask your ortho before your next appointment if they can special order some?

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

SDFD TSchott

#418 Post by SDFD TSchott »

My ortho has a wide variety of metallic colors and sparkles :)

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Dimples

#419 Post by Dimples »

Those camoflauge ligs are cute!!!

The sparkly ones sound cute too!

I have a question. I am getting braced friday,upper clear and lower metal. What foods or drinks cause the ligs to stain?

Also, what is a good, light color that won't show up too much, to go on clear braces???

chicklets

#420 Post by chicklets »

I'm having fun with my colors. I started out light blue, changed to light pink, and now I'm back to light blue (I'm going to a reunion on Saturday and want to match my outfit -- heehee).

Both the pink and the blue seemed to fade out rather quickly, within 2 weeks, to a barely noticeable color at all. My ortho assistant recommended the silver/light gray ligs, but how boring is that. I can't hide all this metal, so I may as well flaunt it!

My son has had bright blue, green, and red over the years, and his colors seem to stay true, but for me, age 43, I'm not ready to go that dramatic yet. I promised my daughter I'd eventually try the bright/electric pink. Maybe next visit.
Palate expander: 10/10/2006 through 03/27/2007
Spacers and brackets: 03/27/2007
Archwire: 04/05/2007
First adjustment: 06/05/2007