Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cally

#421 Post by cally »

Chicklets--I just got the pink you are talking about and I'm 44. I love it!

Cally

chicklets

#422 Post by chicklets »

cally wrote:Chicklets--I just got the pink you are talking about and I'm 44. I love it!

Cally
LOL - the screaming pink? That's really brave, Cally. If I did not have my 25th class reunion this weekend, I may have gone for it. I'll psyche myself up for my Aug. 1 adjustment and go electric pink then. :)
Palate expander: 10/10/2006 through 03/27/2007
Spacers and brackets: 03/27/2007
Archwire: 04/05/2007
First adjustment: 06/05/2007

LuvBug26

#423 Post by LuvBug26 »

i would say that baby pink is a good color for clear ligs. I have clear ceremic on top and metal lowers and i started out with baby pink. they didn't fade at all for me, of course i don't drink coffee and i stay away from dark soda pop so they weren't a big deal for fading....i now have electric pink and blue (pink upper blue lower) and i love it!!! can't wait to change to my next color!! red upper blue lower....then i'm thinking after that green upper and yellow lower!! i agree about not being able to hide the metal!! so why not flaunt it!! i love my colors!! i'm having fun showing them off!! :P

"To error is human, to forgive is divine."

chicklets

#424 Post by chicklets »

Meryaten wrote:Oh man! If we had class reunions (and if I were back in the UK) I'd so do an outrageous set of ligs, just for the chock value!
Maybe I should have gone with royal/bright blue -- heehee. It will be very interesting at the reunion indeed. My best friend from high school (the only one I have really kept in touch with over the 25 years) just got braced too!!!!! She works for an orthodontist's office. She got ceramic top and bottom. We'll probably get some interesting reactions. :P
Palate expander: 10/10/2006 through 03/27/2007
Spacers and brackets: 03/27/2007
Archwire: 04/05/2007
First adjustment: 06/05/2007

Laurie

#425 Post by Laurie »

My next adjustment isn't until July 9th and I'm already thinking of what color to go with! ROFL! But I think you are all right that with a mouth full of metal there's no way to "hide" it. Might as well flaunt it!

Laurie

#426 Post by Laurie »

bump

Pixel Witch

#427 Post by Pixel Witch »

This is my very first set of Ligs.

I chose a lovely pale lavender because it matched the tank top I wore into the office for B-Day.

Well, it looked lovely in the box - on they look more like white with a mild purple tint.

They also had no purple powerchains at the moment, so I just got the silver.

I am slightly disappointed at the lack of colorfulness, so next time I'm going for the "grape".

lea72104

#428 Post by lea72104 »

I think i forgot to post my pics from my last adjustment.....So here they are!

SnowSara

#429 Post by SnowSara »

Pixel Witch, that is so funny because I experienced the same thing. I thought I was being all bold by choosing the pale blue for my first ligs, but then discovered it wasn't really that radical at all. Now I have bright teal! Oh, I like the blue fine enough, but I would recommend it to someone who is trying to keep their braces discreet, not someone who wants to make a statement!

I like the lavender, though! I had a more pinkish lavender and I liked how it almost blended with my lips and gums.

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

Pixel Witch

#430 Post by Pixel Witch »

Pixel Witch, that is so funny because I experienced the same thing. I thought I was being all bold by choosing the pale blue for my first ligs, but then discovered it wasn't really that radical at all. Now I have bright teal! Oh, I like the blue fine enough, but I would recommend it to someone who is trying to keep their braces discreet, not someone who wants to make a statement!

I like the lavender, though! I had a more pinkish lavender and I liked how it almost blended with my lips and gums.
:D I am definitely getting the brighter "grape" purple next time. I still think my current ligs looked more colorful before they were applied, but what can ya do? hehe.

Definitely won't use this color again, though! I want bright and shiny :D

goldmetal

lig color

#431 Post by goldmetal »

Orange. Need I say more?? :D

Pixel Witch

#432 Post by Pixel Witch »

Ooh, snazzy! :D

Miss Smiley

#433 Post by Miss Smiley »

goldmetal - orange looks so cool on ceramics!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

goldmetal

#434 Post by goldmetal »

Miss Smiley wrote:goldmetal - orange looks so cool on ceramics!
I think so too. I'm just wondering if they will hold their color or fade? The ortho assistant said they might fade some.

Miss Smiley

#435 Post by Miss Smiley »

goldmetal wrote:I think so too. I'm just wondering if they will hold their color or fade? The ortho assistant said they might fade some.
I don't think it will be too bad unless you're going to gargle with soy sauce for a month. Believe me, that really changes the color of ligs.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix