how many lbs u can lose since you brace????

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braced4asmile

#46 Post by braced4asmile »

I've lost 5 lbs in one month. My weaknesses are chips and chocolate. Since chips are too hard to eat, I've resorted to eating soft chocolate when I need a fix. I am now more apt to skip snacking and be hungry for a while compared to before braces.

poloaa

#47 Post by poloaa »

I started to eat as much as normal on my 3rd day after braces, now is almost 2 months, eating habbit is the same, but little bit slowly, so i have never lose any lbs, = (
35 years old, mom of two
Est. treatment time:16 months

skittley80

#48 Post by skittley80 »

This topic is interesting. I just got my braces yesterday..I need to lose about 35 pounds..so this was perfect timing for me. I know I won't be eating near as much as I normally do. When I got my wisdom teeth out about a month ago, I lost 5 pounds in a week. The braces are also helping me to drink more water, which I never did. I'm lazy so I'd rather drink water than drink soda and have to brush my teeth :D I can't wait for more pounds to come off

QueensNY

#49 Post by QueensNY »

IMO, the real reason people lose weight while on braces is increased stress and anxiety.

One guy I knew that had braces before me was extremely skinny..once he had them removed, his weight went up dramatically in just a few months.

didn't think it would happen to me, but after 6 months with braces, I also started to lose weight from increasing stress :?

I guess it really depends on the person and how they deal with it.