Which elastics were you assigned to so far???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

madcrazypants

Re: Which elastics were you assigned to so far???

#46 Post by madcrazypants »

I've been in braces for 9 months and just got elastics at my adjustment earlier this week to help with my bite. I have the Wildlife series - Wolf. They are tiny but mighty!! I can barely separate my teeth, much less open my mouth. Needless to say that work has been interesting the last few days! Learning to talk "through" my teeth and try not to lisp and drool everywhere!

littlething

#47 Post by littlething »

Just got Freds on Friday. The first 2 days were not fun, but I'm getting used to them.

whitney555

#48 Post by whitney555 »

I've been in elastics the whole 7 months I've been braced. I started in Quails (3/16", 2oz) which are very light, and I eventually figured out how to eat with them in without snapping them off most of the time. At my adjustment this week they bumped me up to Rabbits (3/16", 3.5oz) which are medium/heavy and holy cow, what a difference. So far while they're in I can't manage to open my mouth far enough to stick a fork full of food in there, but hopefully I'll learn so I can keep them in as much as possible. I've learned that if I take them out for whatever reason (except brushing my teeth) it takes me a while to get around to putting them back in.

Oversmite

#49 Post by Oversmite »

Ohh maaan, am I the only one in Parrots? lol.

It also says 4B 5/16" if that means anything to anyone lol. The first day hurt a bit, but now I don't notice. Hopefully time to move up!!
Braced: 10th March, 2016

Sentence: 18 months (no probation)

Lovespain5

#50 Post by Lovespain5 »

Mine were Ram, Impala and Buffalo (Extra-heavy all of them). I wore above all the Impala ones.
:?:-#):mrgreen:

Tyrantblade

#51 Post by Tyrantblade »

Zebras at first, then Rams, now 2 Rams during the day, + 1 Zebra for my midlines at night.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

SinkFullOfDinner

#52 Post by SinkFullOfDinner »

What's with all of the cool animal names? Mine just list the boring specs. Is it because they're usually for kids and some genius thought that the kiddies would definitely wear their elastics if they could put a parrot in their mouth? Is it because my ortho buys el cheapo generics. I don't feel special now.

Tyrantblade

#53 Post by Tyrantblade »

SinkFullOfDinner wrote:What's with all of the cool animal names? Mine just list the boring specs. Is it because they're usually for kids and some genius thought that the kiddies would definitely wear their elastics if they could put a parrot in their mouth? Is it because my ortho buys el cheapo generics. I don't feel special now.
Its simply a case of different brands doing different things, every brand that makes elastics wants to have a different theme for their elastics and they are all aimed towards helping kids realize which elastics they need, regardless of the theme being used.

As for would kids perhaps prefer using elastics with an animal name and image compared to a persons name, or a country, or fruit, maybe.

As for my Elastics, they are Ormco Z-pak brand, i suspect this being a big orthodontic company means that a lot of people end up with the same animal theme, at least in the US; idk how famous Ormco is in other countries or if they are used as much in other countries.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17