CERAMIC VS. TRADITIONAL??????????

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tiffchelle

#46 Post by Tiffchelle »

I also have ceramic uppers and metal lowers and I absolutely love them. I have worn colored, clear, and pearl ligs, and have not had a huge problem with staining, and I eat most of the bad foods (like pizza, lasagna, chocolate) and I drink coffee every morning. I do think the pearl ligs have been more resistant to staining, and I love how they blend in. I dance ballet, and for in my recital pictures, my braces are barely noticeable unless you know to look for them. I love the fact that my smile shows through. (And I am a BIG smiler!)

Of course, it is a highly personal decision, so go with whatever makes you comfortable.

~Tiffany

sweet19bluesx

#47 Post by sweet19bluesx »

I have ceramic uppers and lowers, and my first ligatures were clear but I will also eat curry or pasta atleast once or twice a week. After the first week, my clear ligatures went from invisible to florescent yellow...it stained so bright that my teeth looked yellow from having those ligatures on. So now I'm using tooth colored ligatures and they don't stain at all.

Kat

#48 Post by Kat »

What are tooth colored ligs??? Never heard of them.

violinist

ceramics

#49 Post by violinist »

I have a friend her name is Lucia Williams shes very short and she wears braces . she is around 50 years old, even thugh she don't look like it, shes so adorable, back to what i was saying, yes she is also my mom' s friend, nd I am lucky enough to have her as my school guidence counciler.She wears braces, the reason she wears them is because if she didn't her teeth would fall out and her teeth would cut into the roof of her mouth nd would cause her such pain and she had a bad overjet, horrific, she describes it to me.well yes she is a guidence counciler and got the braces not too long ago. she has the Clear Ceramic ones on the top, becuase she talks to people teenagers like every minute of everyday and she dicided to go with the clear ceramic kinds on her top row of teeth and the Traditional Steel metal kind on her bottom row . though she has the clear on top she didn't want them to be that visable, all her 9-1 (Freshmen Division 1 {that's her division only}) can tell and all know she wears braces as much as she didn't want ppl to see they all know. But even though she says she hates braces her end resuklt will be her keeping her teeth nd having them be perfect for her and no moore pain. which is good, she's too mice a person to have to go through that much pain.