Poll: Do you smile in photos?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cmm1280

#46 Post by cmm1280 »

I don't have braces yet, but I think like a lot of people, before we get them, have a certain way that we work our mouth so that our teeth look the best they can - even though they aren't perfect. It's kind of funny. I know I do it. My dream is that I can feel comfortable smiling naturally without hiding it behind my lips or my hands.

When I get braces, I will probably hide it at first. I'm hoping to feel as comfortable as possible though.. We shall see!

**Braced 22 months and 3 weeks. Estimated 24 months treatment time.

MariaMetalMouth

#47 Post by MariaMetalMouth »

Sometimes, sometimes not!
Braced: 29th March 2006
Estimated time 18 months!

Gennel

#48 Post by Gennel »

I have looked through my albums and there are NO pictures of me smiling. I hated to smile in pictures . Lately I have been smiling in pictures! In fact we took nice pictures of my daughter & myself in braces! It's not that I hated to smile it's that my smile was horrible before braces.Here is one of my pics smiling with my daughter :)

Gennel

p.s. I really look forward to a nice family portrait! lol

Marzipan

#49 Post by Marzipan »

It's nearly impossible to find a photo of me smiling with my teeth showing, pre-braces. In fact, I took a whole bunch of photos of me with a wide grin from every angle right before getting banded, so that I would have photos to use for comparison post-braces.

Now I've had the braces on for 9 months. Guess what? I grin and smile all the time and I'd be happy to smile for a camera. Honestly, I kind of like the dang braces - all metal by the way. Just went for pink ligs which I also like. And my teeth are definitely moving and straightening out and I love it and I think that makes me enjoy smiling more.