Turrrtlelove22...is GOING NAKED IN DECEMBER!!!**^^**

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

acehigh

#46 Post by acehigh »

Hey Turrtledove22......I ALSO had my braces put on December 12, 2006!

:lol:

turrrtlelove22

#47 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

That's cool ACEHIGH...maybe we will get them off at the same time too!!!...hehe...

Just a little update from the past 2 months. One adjustment ago I got DOUBLE chained...and OOOOOOOOOOhhh MMMMMMMyyyy GoshHHHHHHH...That was the worst pain by far. All I could do is just take a lot of pain medicine and cry myself to sleep. Gah...it was awful. I chose baby pink chains for that and it looked weird. They took the wire off put the chain on, then the wire and then another chain on top...eeep!!! I don't have a very good pic of it...I forgot. But I do have one for this time which I will post later. Last week I got new wires top and bottom. I still have the double chains just on the bottom tho. Instead of 2 strips of the purple I picked, she put a clear color behind it. I like it. I just hope it doesn't stain and turn an icky color... :? Things are going really well. I can't believe it's been 8 months already!!! ... :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Miss Smiley

#48 Post by Miss Smiley »

YIkes! Double powerchains, sounds horrible. I have a power chain under my archwire and then regular ligs on top of the wire to engage the wire. I haven't had this much pain in a while. I can see how your double powerchain could be really painful.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

turrrtlelove22

#49 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

OH yeah they ARE doing a fantastic job. that first time doublechained was almost too much to bare. im just glad the pain gets a little more less at each adjustment. someone i talked to told me that would happen...eventually...HAHA.

one thing im dealing with now it biting the tip of my tongue every now then when i talk. so annoying. makes me realize just how far my teeth protruded. :roll: the bottom ones are behind the top ones now which still feels really strange to me. i can actually bite into things now which is cool. something else that i noticed with braces...its hard to smile and like not show ur teeth...LOL...i tried...makes me feel like a doofus...HAHAHAHA....anywho...here is a pic from my last adjustment...PURPLE!!!

DAY ONE...
NOW...

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Steadfast

#50 Post by Steadfast »

turrrtlelove22 wrote:OH yeah they ARE doing a fantastic job. that first time doublechained was almost too much to bare. im just glad the pain gets a little more less at each adjustment. someone i talked to told me that would happen...eventually...HAHA.

Just like waxing!

I love the before and after pics! Very hmm... I was going to say inspiring but actually they're more 'reassuring' *l* Do you know what I mean?

Miss Smiley

#51 Post by Miss Smiley »

I hear you on the double chains....I don't have double chains but I have chains under the wire, wire, then ligs to engage the wire. wOUCHw! Your teeth are coming along nicely! Must be all those double chains at work!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

turrrtlelove22

#52 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I get what you mean Steadfast...hehe... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Miss Smiley...double the chain, double the work!!!... :D :D :D

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Lisa65

#53 Post by Lisa65 »

Wow TL, that gap has all but gone. Amazing!

turrrtlelove22

#54 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

you've got to be thrilled

Oh. I am thrilled beyond words Denise!!!... :lol: :lol: :lol: Amazing what four months can do!!!

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

turrrtlelove22

#55 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

So I had another adjustment last week and got the shock of life!!! I want to get my wisdom teeth out per advice of my dentist...and have to have a frenectomy and I want to get it all done at the same time. Sooo I was asking my orthodontist and this and when she suggests I get the surgery right before or after the braces come off and she said after. So I proceed to ask about how much longer until I get them off. And she says considering that I am WAY ahead of where I should be and that there are just some minor tweaks that need to be done, and in about 6 MONTHS they can come off!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!....... :-* :-*:-*:-* :-* :-* Talk about someone who wanted to jump up and start happy dancing!!! She also mentioned something about just holding them were they are for a while to make sure they stay put. I also learned that I will be getting bonded retainer, just on top I'm assuming...I'm not too sure what to think about that... :roll: :roll: :roll:

But at any rate I'm glad it's just another 6 months and not another year!!!...YAY ME!!!

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

jennielee81

#56 Post by jennielee81 »

That IS some good news! Image

That time will fly by SO FAST, you will be amazed.
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

turrrtlelove22

#57 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I've been braced for one year today!!! I'm so excited. Time had flown by with the quickness for sure!!! I'm so glad that I went through with the decision to do it. I reccommend it to anyone and everyone!!! I can't wait to see the end results. The progress so far has been amazing to me seeing how I looked before and now. I took a pic of my profile which I haven't done in a while and it looks sooooo much better than before. I wanted to cry when I saw what I looked like in the beginning...that xray was so very horrifying to me. Gah...glad that is no more!!!!!!! hahaha.

I got an adjustment last week and they put the band back on that was off for about 2 1/2 weeks...and re-cemented another one that was loose...again...

I ended up trading wearing four rubberbands for four powerchains...yay...not...>.<
Almost all of the spaces are gone which is cool...its so odd to have to floss in the front...
I picked navy blue instead of christmas colors...now I wish I had of...oh well...

here are some before and after...

BEFORE

AFTER

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/sa ... vyblue.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/sa ... yblue1.jpg

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

jennielee81

#58 Post by jennielee81 »

Your teeth look beautiful!!!!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

kianakev25

#59 Post by kianakev25 »

:wink: your teeth look great,

turrrtlelove22

#60 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Thanks to all, with a year behind me things can only go up from here!!!

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!