pre-ortho dental work

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

skyclad

wild dental work

#46 Post by skyclad »

it was wild. There was a burning smell to go with smoke..from now on will keep eyes closed...will say dentist is cute and likes to chew ice. too funny
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath

rsprouse

#47 Post by rsprouse »

I highly doubt you saw smoke, more likely it was the aerosol spray. Sounds like the assistant was moving the high speed suction around, it can pull the water spray a bit making it look like smoke. And "that smell" is when you cut without water spray, it is much worse with decayed tooth. Not so pleasant....

Best,
Rory

skibunnie29

#48 Post by skibunnie29 »

I feel you sky, I am doing the pre dental work done April 18th. I get braced on the 26th of this month. Hang in there, I've had my mouth poked and proded more then I care to think but I think it will be well worth it in the end. :)

dallison

#49 Post by dallison »

I get my braces today, but my wisdom teeth aren't being taken out until next saturday.

Am I the only one who has gotten braces and then work like that done???

I know my mouth is going to be sore for the next few weeks because of having it done so close together, but I'm ok with that. The doc that is removing my wisdom teeth has a 7 month waiting list, but they scheduled me in within 3 weeks, so I wasn't going to complain!!

skyclad

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

#50 Post by skyclad »

But first a few words...
dallison, I am having one wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow, and one pulled next fri...

leading me to .....my official brace day is...duh duh duh...April 19, at 4pm mst.

skyclad

Update

#51 Post by skyclad »

Appt was supposed to be friday at 5, the plan was to get 3 fillings and one extraction on the upper right side.

Well I got to my appt at 430. At 542, they called me up and said they had to reschedule, so I r/s for 9am this morning. Then I got stuck in traffic so I had to r/s for 2pm. Naturally I was there by 130.
I actually got 5 fillings, and 2 extractions, 2 stitches.
Well when I got home the stitches had come undone and when I ate I swallowed them.
Now I only have 5 fillings left and I am done. Woo hoo. Then on to braces. Date is still set for the 19th.

skyclad

Some observations....

#52 Post by skyclad »

1. ibuprofen and iced tea do not mix well in the tummy.

2. Left side of my mouth did not numb as much or as quickly as the right.

3. Even though I got my wisdom teeth extracted, the teeth next to it hurt.

4. how long is this supposed to hurt?

5. I have a week and 2 days to stop chewing ice.

6. I get mad heartburn from ibuprofen.

A week and 2 days left to brace day....

just realized i may not actually get banded on the 19th. i may get spacers and then banded the next week.

skyclad

Ibuprofen vs. tylenol

#53 Post by skyclad »

The NSAIDS arent working anymore. at one point they worked better than the vicodin. Just took some tylenol and it is already starting to work.
Obviously cant take the vicodin at work.
I had a dentist appt today to have some more cavities filled but i chose to r/s because I am still hurting from the extractions. The dr did look at them and the sites look good.
The wuss in me could be coming through :D

skyclad

Im going to miss Dr. K...

#54 Post by skyclad »

because I am done with my dental work!!!! I am so excited.

KK, as far as the ice chewing...i have been taking vitamins and they help...but what really got it under control was the pain I felt from just having ice in my mouth. My teeth are super sensitive now and ice chewing is out of the question. Kind of cold turkey...no pun intended.

The weirdest thing happened to me today. The dr put novacaine everywhere he needed to put it and even put more on the lingual side but it just didn't take on that side. I felt some of the drilling but not all.

I wound up with minimal pain which tylenol took care of.